*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Mine had been creeping up and was now £120 a month. Out of contract too

Said on the webchat that I wanted to leave.. They sorted an offer down to £57 a month for superfast fibre and the signature TV pack. free line rental and free spotify. I removed the multiroom and sky football.

Fairly happy with that as I was not using the football or multiroom anyway... Although I hope the "Superfast" fibre is no different to the "max fibre" I was on.

The guy on the chat was fairly pushy with keep adding mobile sims to the package even tho I am already with sky mobile.

Caporegime
Mine had been creeping up and was now £120 a month. Out of contract too

Said on the webchat that I wanted to leave.. They sorted an offer down to £57 a month for superfast fibre and the signature TV pack. free line rental and free spotify. I removed the multiroom and sky football.

Fairly happy with that as I was not using the football or multiroom anyway... Although I hope the "Superfast" fibre is no different to the "max fibre" I was on.

The guy on the chat was fairly pushy with keep adding mobile sims to the package even tho I am already with sky mobile.
Super fast should be no different to your previous fibre package. I’d be surprised if the connection even dropped while your package changes.

Soldato
Isn't your price rise in April due to your introductory offer expiring after 18 months? You're free to pay the higher price, negotiate a new 18 month deal or of course cancel with the 31 days notice sometime late Feb or March.
Yup, £15 rise is due to Sky sports complete pack going up from £13pm to £28pm and the other £5 is Sky Signature going up from £25pm to £30 which I think is for all customers, that in itself is 20% rise which they have to notify all customers of and gives the right to cancel with 30 days notice, unless I am mistaken. My TV contract ends on 5th March 21 anyway but my Broadband/Sky Talk is separate and ongoing till Sept. 21.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ll be in the phone in the morning , just gone up to £130 a month.

I. Just looking what they’ve done with Discovery as well - not happy .

Trouble is I’m moving in March and want to renegotiate a new price when I do .Think maybe it’s best to cancel .

If I give notice can I cancel the notice anytime within my months notice period .

Soldato
best thing to do is don't accept the first offer they give you or the 2nd or the 3rd they usually cave in. Had similar with BT they we're charging me £80+ for phone and broadband and claimed I was still within a 12 month contract. Told them I didn't agree to any 12 month extension and that sky had offered me the lot at £35. In the end they drop the full price to £31

Soldato
Mmmm

Just had a 30 minute conversation with Sky , normal procedure handed over to the retention department .

Currently out of contract and paying £130 a month for Sky Q , extra box and Fibre , Sports Movies and Entertainment.

Best they could offer was £112.50 for another 18 month contract — yes right o .

Going to give 31 days notice in the week , been with them for 19 years !

Soldato
Yep, is bad that. If you phoned them up during the black Friday offers you could get all that including netflix premium for around £83

Soldato
Mmmm

Just had a 30 minute conversation with Sky , normal procedure handed over to the retention department .

Currently out of contract and paying £130 a month for Sky Q , extra box and Fibre , Sports Movies and Entertainment.

Best they could offer was £112.50 for another 18 month contract — yes right o .

Going to give 31 days notice in the week , been with them for 19 years !

Typical Sky, loyalty is meaningless you should just abuse their new customers offers every time you are due to renew if they want to treat you like that.

Virgin still have their offer on for around £80, which is 2x V6 Boxes, every TV channel that matters(Sports/Films/BT), land line phone with unlimited everything, and 500Mbps internet (being upgraded to 600 Mbps for free) and the best bit a Virgin Mobile SIM with truly Unlimited 4G on the EE network, and you can get upwards of £150 cash back as well!

Soldato
Typical Sky, loyalty is meaningless you should just abuse their new customers offers every time you are due to renew if they want to treat you like that.

Virgin still have their offer on for around £80, which is 2x V6 Boxes, every TV channel that matters(Sports/Films/BT), land line phone with unlimited everything, and 500Mbps internet (being upgraded to 600 Mbps for free) and the best bit a Virgin Mobile SIM with truly Unlimited 4G on the EE network, and you can get upwards of £150 cash back as well!

Would move in a heartbeat but no cable in my area .

Soldato

haha this SKY message on my account is both an ironic and moronic statement. I've been with them longer but there is no way in hell the longer I stay the better it gets.

"Matthew, the longer you're with us the better it gets.
Sky Tenure: 4 years
Customer since 27/02/2016"

Man of Honour
Would I be right in saying that Sky wouldn't waive any cancellation charges when moving house as part of the contract? The new house is in a VM area and the FTTC speeds are under 30 Mbps so I'm more than likely going to take VM broadband but it would work out cheaper overall if I could have all TV services with them as well.

Soldato
Would I be right in saying that Sky wouldn't waive any cancellation charges when moving house as part of the contract? The new house is in a VM area and the FTTC speeds are under 30 Mbps so I'm more than likely going to take VM broadband but it would work out cheaper overall if I could have all TV services with them as well.

No, they have no reason to waive your ETCs mate...

They aren't going to go "Oh you can get faster speeds with a competitor ISP when you move house, congrats! We'll waive your ETC as a good-will gesture for sacking us off mid-contract" :p

Soldato
haha this SKY message on my account is both an ironic and moronic statement. I've been with them longer but there is no way in hell the longer I stay the better it gets.

"Matthew, the longer you're with us the better it gets.
Sky Tenure: 4 years
Customer since 27/02/2016"

It is quite funny :p

*****, the longer you're with us the better it gets

Sky Tenure: 10 years

Customer since 28/09/2010

Soldato
*sigh* Going to have to contact Sky today as our bill going forwards is higher than agreed and our initial bill has an an addition that wasn’t mentioned either.

Okay, Isaac at Sky helped me sort this out easily, went smoother than expected. I assume Sky hire more staff around Black Friday or the person I dealt with at the time just dropped the ball.

I got the £10 charge that wasn't quoted, nor agreed, now credited back and a £5 discount to my subscription to bring it down to what was quoted. Huzzah.

Soldato
Retention deals at the moment are horrific, out of contract at the end of Jan and best they could quote me for my existing package was £113 with an 18 month contract extension.

No Virgin presence in my block so I'm pretty stuck. Thinking I'll ditch all the extras and cut the package back to the cheapest I can get it until a new deal comes along.

Soldato
Retention deals at the moment are horrific, out of contract at the end of Jan and best they could quote me for my existing package was £113 with an 18 month contract extension.

No Virgin presence in my block so I'm pretty stuck. Thinking I'll ditch all the extras and cut the package back to the cheapest I can get it until a new deal comes along.
Just cancel it and you'll likely get a better offer in your cancellation period. I got 50% a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom