Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
Think that one is the indicator as to which bios it is running on , might be wrong and dont think you can turn it off

Happy New Year to all btw

Happy new year to you too.

Thanks, that is to show which bios you're using, but just wondered if you could switch it off, I guess im going to have to get out the black electrical tape and cover it up, got all this nice RGB going on, exactly how I want it and then Gigabyte threw a nasty orange LED in there that doesnt go with my scheme at all :D

Associate
Happy new year to you too.

Thanks, that is to show which bios you're using, but just wondered if you could switch it off, I guess im going to have to get out the black electrical tape and cover it up, got all this nice RGB going on, exactly how I want it and then Gigabyte threw a nasty orange LED in there that doesnt go with my scheme at all :D

You can turn all of them off in bios, under miscellaneous ;)

Associate
I see, I asked because I have the Master in mind but that CMOS battery issue has me a bit worried.

Same. Love the Aorus Master on paper but bought a Tomahawk instead.... then saw threads about the MSI boards also having issues.... looks like whichever way you turn some boards can have issues?
What's the feeling of the Aorus owners here? Happy?

Associate
Same. Love the Aorus Master on paper but bought a Tomahawk instead.... then saw threads about the MSI boards also having issues.... looks like whichever way you turn some boards can have issues?
Literally I picked up a B550 Unify today in the morning, installed it and surprise surprise, the VRM has a very loud coil whine. I have to send it back for a replacement :/ Funny thing I had read some 1.1 Masters were having issues with VRM coil whine lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Absolutely no issues here. I'd be careful of a handful of reported issues given the number of items sold. I doubt there's a manufactured product in existence that didn't have some examples of issues.

Associate
Absolutely no issues here. I'd be careful of a handful of reported issues given the number of items sold. I doubt there's a manufactured product in existence that didn't have some examples of issues.
Obviously, no one is saying that the board is bad or anything. Personally when I searched for this board that is the first thing I saw, and then Buildzoid mentioned it on his video as well, but as I said above, I bought a brand new board and it has VRM coil whine. So yeah its just luck I suppose.

Soldato
OP
Obviously, no one is saying that the board is bad or anything. Personally when I searched for this board that is the first thing I saw, and then Buildzoid mentioned it on his video as well, but as I said above, I bought a brand new board and it has VRM coil whine. So yeah its just luck I suppose.

Yes I suspect a lot of it is component combinations as much as design. My last two power supplies were high end Seasonic manufactured and touch wood no coil whine.

Associate
Silly question, just building my new system on the X570 Master, I noticed the metal IO cover had a plastic protection film on it that I peeled off. It also looks like there is a plastic layer on the top left power delivery cooler (right above the CPU)? And one on the bottom left that says "Easa sabre HIFI" underneath do all 3 of these parts actually have a protective film over them that can be removed? I tried taking the top one-off but it's coming off in little plastic pieces, not sure if I'm peeling off the sticker anymore or destroying my MOBO

EDIT: Was not suppose to come off! Guess I got send a refurbished board as the protective film that it is suppose to come with wasn't there and the shroud was scratched all over out of the box :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Silly question, just building my new system on the X570 Master, I noticed the metal IO cover had a plastic protection film on it that I peeled off. It also looks like there is a plastic layer on the top left power delivery cooler (right above the CPU)? And one on the bottom left that says "Easa sabre HIFI" underneath do all 3 of these parts actually have a protective film over them that can be removed? I tried taking the top one-off but it's coming off in little plastic pieces, not sure if I'm peeling off the sticker anymore or destroying my MOBO

If it doesn't come off very easily its probably not meant to!

Associate
Ref BIOS F31 final, I am finding it very stable and it is allowing me to push my 5800X a little harder than previous BETA or F30 versions. 4975Mhz is achievable across all cores where anything over 4900Mhz previously produced BSoD WHEA errors. I will keep you posted.

RAM running @3800Mhz the same as IF. This has never been an issue though. Using Crucial Balistix 3600CL16 at stock timings.

Back
Top Bottom