Home Security Products - Eufy Security Products

kai

kai

Soldato
I looked at Eufy, but decided on the RING alarm system. Fantastic bit of a kit, as it made sense for me as i could hook everything in via IFTTT but also my cameras and hue lighting.

Associate
I liked the look of Ring but didn’t like the monthly sub to be able to stream and record longer term. The local storage of Eufy and no fees ( plus Black Friday Discounts is what got me on theirs)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
I just put the eufy doorbell in, and given how well the bell works will add the cameras to replace my existing CCTV.

Associate
I have been using the eufy doorbell and 2 pro cameras for about 2 months now and it was a good investment, I haven't found a problem with a delay as of yet and setup was so easy, I also cant fault the app it loads really quick wherever I am but I still haven't had the nerve to talk to someone delivering a parcel when I'm not home lol

Associate
I'm looking to get a camera for my house. Had my car stolen from my driveway last night (good start 2021!). I've looked at different types of floodlight cams from Ring, Eufy, Arlo and Netatmo. Judging by reviews and this thread there doesn't seem to be a clear winner? Whatever I go for will need to be good at recording during the dark and fairly simply to setup.

Associate
OP
I think this is my issue, in terms of there not being one clear winner. Each system has its +/- which is making it, for me at least hard to choose.

Caporegime
I think this is my issue, in terms of there not being one clear winner. Each system has its +/- which is making it, for me at least hard to choose.

Also looking at something, a doorbell with camera on its own, or doorbell cam plus some internal cameras - Can;t really spend a lot though sadly.

Whats the wireless doorbell like from Eufy?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking to get a camera for my house. Had my car stolen from my driveway last night (good start 2021!). I've looked at different types of floodlight cams from Ring, Eufy, Arlo and Netatmo. Judging by reviews and this thread there doesn't seem to be a clear winner? Whatever I go for will need to be good at recording during the dark and fairly simply to setup.
Reolink Argus 3 gets decent reviews. :)

Soldato
The only two sensibly priced camera systems with excellent night vision at a realistic price are Hikvision ColorVu and Dahua Full Colour Night Vision. Anything else is using infra-red which whites out faces, car registrations and is black and white only. Or thousands of pounds. You can see good examples in the CCTV thread here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34155737/ and compare that to the IR black & white camera later in the thread.

Soldato
Somebody fancy referring me to Simplisafe?

Scrap that, just called them and they're not insured to monitor commercial spaces annoyingly. Otherwise they're perfect; we only need 1 keypaid, 1 sensor etc for 1 room.

Anyone know of anything similar (identical) but that monitors commercial? All the "normal" commercial security firms are so old fashioned and expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Somebody fancy referring me to Simplisafe?

Scrap that, just called them and they're not insured to monitor commercial spaces annoyingly. Otherwise they're perfect; we only need 1 keypaid, 1 sensor etc for 1 room.

Anyone know of anything similar (identical) but that monitors commercial? All the "normal" commercial security firms are so old fashioned and expensive.

Most Ajax resellers will be able to offer you something. Why don't you want to monitor it yourself ie. someone in your business gets the alerts?

Soldato
Most Ajax resellers will be able to offer you something. Why don't you want to monitor it yourself ie. someone in your business gets the alerts?

No use if someone breaks in at 3am.

Simplisafe also doesn't send any notifications if you don't pay for monitoring, only sounds the alarm on the base station (so says their FAQ).

Last edited:
Soldato
No use if someone breaks in at 3am.

Simplisafe also doesn't send any notifications if you don't pay for monitoring, only sounds the alarm on the base station (so says their FAQ).

Right, so you want 24/7 monitoring and response ie. you want someone to attend site and phone the police if necessary?

I've done Ajax installations for Fenix Home - Fenix Monitoring | Security Services and WebEye Webeye | Take the hassle out of managing alarms (webeyecms.com) and they will happily relieve you of LOTS of money to get someone like me to install a system, then they'll monitor your room 24/7 and they'll use a local mobile security patrol for response. It's nothing you couldn't organise yourself for MUCH less money if you're that way inclined.

Installing the Ajax system itself is child's play and the monitoring software is pretty user-friendly. It's the people that will cost the money. The faster the response time you want, the more you'll pay. Most response contracts are attendance within 60 minutes. Anyone on your site will be long gone by then. I actually saw a quote where the company decided to ditch the alarm and just pay a night watchman on minimum wage to do a bit of cleaning, filing and washing vans all night because it was cheaper than a monitored alarm system with a sub 15 minute response time.

Soldato
Right, so you want 24/7 monitoring and response ie. you want someone to attend site and phone the police if necessary?

I've done Ajax installations for Fenix Home - Fenix Monitoring | Security Services and WebEye Webeye | Take the hassle out of managing alarms (webeyecms.com) and they will happily relieve you of LOTS of money to get someone like me to install a system, then they'll monitor your room 24/7 and they'll use a local mobile security patrol for response. It's nothing you couldn't organise yourself for MUCH less money if you're that way inclined.

Installing the Ajax system itself is child's play and the monitoring software is pretty user-friendly. It's the people that will cost the money. The faster the response time you want, the more you'll pay. Most response contracts are attendance within 60 minutes. Anyone on your site will be long gone by then. I actually saw a quote where the company decided to ditch the alarm and just pay a night watchman on minimum wage to do a bit of cleaning, filing and washing vans all night because it was cheaper than a monitored alarm system with a sub 15 minute response time.

Just dropped you a trust, hope that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom