Do I need 8-pin AND 4-pin CPU power connectors?

Associate
Hi all - long time no post!

I need a good-value but reliable power supply, with 2x EPS connectors so I can power a Z490 motherboard that needs both an 8-pin and a 4-pin CPU power connector.

That said... it's been a while since I've bought a PSU so please tell me if the additional 4-pin is not required. To be clear, I'd rather be safe than sorry :)

Associate
OP
I Googled it and many people are saying the same, but every so often I've seen people say that they had instability at stock clocks until this was plugged in too. Hence the rather safe than sorry.

Associate
Unlrss you need one anyway, I wouldn't buy a psu just to get the additional 4 pin cable, they are basically pointless, especially for a 500w psu.

You can even run lower power stuff with just a 4pin eps in the 8pin, that might be why people are complaining about stability.

Permabanned
I Googled it and many people are saying the same, but every so often I've seen people say that they had instability at stock clocks until this was plugged in too. Hence the rather safe than sorry.

This. It should be enough to have one but I have heard of people getting issues with only one.

Back
Top Bottom