Cobra Kai

Soldato
Finished S3 last night. Absolute brilliance.

The flashbacks were probably the best bit as it filled in so many gaps. I see this show the same way Mandalorian is really - an absolute ton of fan service and teasing because the writers are enjoying seeing us squirm as the season unfolds. One guy in an episode mentions Daniel as a bully, which is a clear cut reference to the YT videos that have beein around for ages. Then we're teased at the hospital, and in the flashbacks for another character.

lol @ Johnny for not knowing about in-car bluetooth and moving closer to the steering wheel so that he can be heard :D

Soldato
Well....im preperation for Season 4 I decided to watch the Next Karate Kid. I've never seen it before, and we don't know what's coming next season. In order not to miss out on any little nods to the originals (are we classing this film as part of the main three?) I decided to give it a go.

Anyway.....my god it's awful. I've managed to get to the halfway point before I had to switch off. I'll try and finish it later.

was Kreese making a call to Terry Silver?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bits were over the top with the group fights, but still loved the season and looks

like Terry is back for the next season, feels like it could be a good conclusion if they can bring together elements from the third film alongside a finale with the all valley tournament. This season felt like good closure from kk2

Soldato
A bit of an aside but I switched between Netflix UHD and a 1080P version of a couple of episodes and and the 1080P version was noticeably better in terms of picture quality the the UHD version.

Soldato
7/10 for 3rd season as a fan.

Some parts, a bit too cringey, Macchio clearly one of the worst at martial arts on the show, home invasion and assault doesn't warrant police attention.

But it's all to be expected. Johnny is still the best character in the show and happily enjoy any scene he's in, it seems like they focused on him more in the first season and then 'expanded' more but honestly the La Russo's aren't that interesting and his son is just annoying as the seasons go on (due to quick turns in personality). Also Tori should very much be in an institution, they tried to show her 'real human side' early on but by the end, yeah shes just psychotic. Also some of the fight scenes were pretty terrible.

Still, thoroughly entertaining and the nostalgia trip is much appreciated and a lot of the show is 'what if X happened after the Karate Kid movies' which it completely fulfills and I enjoy it as a fan of the the movies and the series.

Soldato
This show is interesting.

The acting is average or below. The story is poor. The writing for the most part other than Jonny is poor. The fight scenes aren't well choreographed, the characters are basic and no where near deep enough.

BUT it's bloody amazing.

End scenes of S2 were the best. S1 and S3 just set things up for the next run.

Love Peyton List in this. so bad ass if a bit psychotic. Most annoying characters are Sam. I tried hard to like her, but nope, and Robbie.

I do enjoy the humour of it (Jonny's anyway), but feel they could have still made the show much tighter and with more depth. Perhaps a bit darker too. Which reminds me, I'd love to see a really dark (but not over top) re-boot of Buffy.

Soldato
Love Peyton List in this. so bad ass if a bit psychotic. Most annoying characters are Sam. I tried hard to like her, but nope, and Robbie.
I can't stand them all really - they all just don't think before acting, and I suppose thats an age thing but still - Sam is probably the worst at this. Tory I think is too far gone and prime Kreese material, and I think only something dramatic in her life can bring her back (her mother). Robbie is the worst written character there is.

I am hoping we see 'Karate's Bad Boy' return for the next season. If they can bring him back that would be amazing.

Associate
This show is interesting.

The acting is average or below. The story is poor. The writing for the most part other than Jonny is poor. The fight scenes aren't well choreographed, the characters are basic and no where near deep enough.

BUT it's bloody amazing.

End scenes of S2 were the best. S1 and S3 just set things up for the next run.

I do enjoy the humour of it (Jonny's anyway), but feel they could have still made the show much tighter and with more depth. Perhaps a bit darker too. Which reminds me, I'd love to see a really dark (but not over top) re-boot of Buffy.

this.. just started watching it last night, im not normally a fan of these series of older films but im loving this for some reason.

Soldato
Up to episode 7 of series 3. It is an odd one. It sounds like the usual recipe of American teenage angst, good vs bad melodrama that's churned out by the bucket full, but I'm finding it really entertaining. The fights are cringeworthy, the baddies really do wear black and the goodies white and it is predictable. But William Zabka, "Jonny" just carries it, his one liners and being out of step, have me laughing almost every episode. It's one of those series I'd not heard of but is a little jem.

Man of Honour
Not enjoying season 3 as much, but the flashbacks have been great.

Up to episode 7 of series 3. It is an odd one. It sounds like the usual recipe of American teenage angst, good vs bad melodrama that's churned out by the bucket full, but I'm finding it really entertaining. The fights are cringeworthy, the baddies really do wear black and the goodies white and it is predictable. But William Zabka, "Jonny" just carries it, his one liners and being out of step, have me laughing almost every episode. It's one of those series I'd not heard of but is a little jem.

Completely agree with this. It’s become a bit too much of an MTV teenage drama for me, but it still has enough of the feel to keep me engaged. Also on episode 7. It’s pretty chill to watch at least.

Associate
Just finished watching S3 Ep5 and that was fantastic especially as I'd only re-watched Karate Kid 2 recently. Jonny is by far the best character of the show and one of the best characters in TV :)

Back
Top Bottom