windows 7 internet

Associate
OP
clicked on the internet icon on the taskbar, put in my wireless pass code, i get a error message there is a error comming from your router. But my wireless router will grant access for my tablet and windows 10 lappy, but not my win 7 desktop.

Soldato
Install chrome or Firefox would be my suggestion based on that vague description.

This ... until you can provide the information that's been requested.

Most likely if you're still using IE then it doesn't support a high enough TLS standard to connect to anything.

Windows 7 is out of support. For over a year.

Soldato
I've done about eight win 7 installs on different machines very recently, and most of them came up with the error that it was unable to connect to my wireless network after I'd entered the password in the available networks window. These were very old machines and the cmos batteries were flat. Perhaps the time/date were not current enough?
After roughly ten attempts to put the password in, they all ended up connecting to my network. Not a fix but a similar observation.

Soldato
You're still not giving much information. Is the wifi adapter part of the motherboard or an add-in card/USB? Have you checked if the drivers for it are properly installed? Has the internet on it worked before or is this a new desktop?

Work still have a few Win 7 machines deployed out, and they're all running fine. IE itself runs into errors loading pages now but Edge/Firefox works completely fine on them. No error messages when joining wifi as well, although we are using Unifi APs.

Associate
OP
I grt an error 651. Checked my usernsme and password, and they are correct. Got it connected as main adapter behind router showing green, and secondary adapter in bedroom showing green boyh connected to the mains.

Associate
OP
I have found out the problem t think, the light have gone out on the adapter behind the hub. see I dont have wifi on the win 7 machine. So I use the mains electric wireing. will need new adapters, anybody any ideas.

Back
Top Bottom