The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Zh3SRk.jpg

Made some french toast for lunch, topped with a tin of Heinz spag bol. Went down a treat! :)
Add cheese, melt it in the pan, yummy!

Soldato
Never making Christmas pudding ever again. Wonderful with a cranberry and orange coulis made in the morning
it's a proper/true cheesecake - looks good ...but you made+refrigerated it a few days ago presumably ?

DIY Delia flourless christmas pudding we had was pretty good though - light weight - courtesy of breadcrumbs.

Soldato
Got to settle down with my other half over the holidays. She is a vegan (not an aggressive one) and I have been trying to show her some support with that so I made us a few vegan dishes whilst we were away.

YWgwioH.jpg
fnP5xSo.jpg
NaKZQ0J.jpg

Do any of you have any favourite vegan recipes?

Soldato
Are the stir fry sauces veganised ? soy/leekum
I'd like a healthier alternative to white rice ribbon noodles ? have rather gone off these - high-carb, high GI ingredient

Soldato
Are the stir fry sauces veganised ? soy/leekum
I'd like a healthier alternative to white rice ribbon noodles ? have rather gone off these - high-carb, high GI ingredient

the stir fry sauces were vegan yes, we both check everything before purchasing.

what would you have preferred to the noodles? I wanted some bean sprouts but we couldn’t find them in three shops!

Soldato
I like to use Udon noodles in a stir fry and throw in some marinated Tofu.

My weakness is bolognese with meat alternative mince.

@FloppyPoppy are them filled potatoe skins homemade? They look great.

They were :D

5 minutes in the microwave because we were short on time. Light coat of olive oil and salt and into the oven until they had a crunchy skin and soft inside.

cut them in half scooped the potato out and added a vegan cheese and butter with some spring onions and black pepper all mashed together then put back into the skins topped with some more cheese and spring onions and put back into the oven for 5 minutes.

they were delicious!

I will look at doing a bolognese one day I do like them myself!

Soldato
well, water chestnuts, nice, but $$$

what would you have preferred to the noodles? I wanted some bean sprouts but we couldn’t find them in three shops!
I'd liked buckwheat pasta , so maybe buckwheat noodles or brown rice noodles ... but probably not available at my regular online shops - buywholefood/realfoods

Back
Top Bottom