Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Nice, although those speaker stands look rather over engineered for the speakers they are supporting :p

thanks! Yeah lol, I’m actually on the rainforest right now, about to pull the trigger on some diamond 220 speakers..unless you can recommend some others I should be looking at?

cheers.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
thanks! Yeah lol, I’m actually on the rainforest right now, about to pull the trigger on some diamond 220 speakers..unless you can recommend some others I should be looking at?

cheers.

I'm way out of touch with speaker tech I'm afraid, I kitted out my man cave about 3 or 4 years ago now with a Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 set, which look to be about the same sort of size as the ones you have now. They are plenty for the size of the room and sound good to me.

If you're happy with the sound from the ones you got I'd personally ditch the stands and put them on either edge of the TV stand! (and move the One X horizontal in the space where your headphones are)

Soldato
Well it happened, a Planar P2

IMG-6229.jpg

And of course I needed matching speakers....

IMG-6230.jpg

White Wharfedale 220's sealed the deal for me

IMG-6235.jpg

And the rest as I have two speakers after all

got some diamonds 220 coming tomorrow, how are they mate??

Soldato
Just received them, early rise for DPD.

look real meaty, just gonna take it easy till they bed in..

how long will suffice guys? 15-20 hours maybe?

Soldato
Lol, cheers guys, will crank the volume up a bit now then! :p

Best thing to do! :cool:

It actually took me a week or so to get used to them as they produced so much more sound that my last set, "had" to upgrade my turntable as I could hear a lot of the rubbish it couldn't deal with and I'm eyeing up a new amp as a result... (one channel is less powerful than the other...)

Soldato
Best thing to do! :cool:

It actually took me a week or so to get used to them as they produced so much more sound that my last set, "had" to upgrade my turntable as I could hear a lot of the rubbish it couldn't deal with and I'm eyeing up a new amp as a result... (one channel is less powerful than the other...)

my diamond 9.0 were great little speakers for the money, but at £129 for the 220s, BARGIN!

the sound is so good, and they ain’t even up that loud atm either. Happy! :):)

Soldato
New wharfedale diamonds, please excuse the Ethernet cable trailing..waiting for new router..

pG5feHX.jpg

also got cushions for my Hellraiser Lament Configuration covers, love em, :cool:

OmiArki.jpg

Soldato
Burn-in is not a thing. If they haven't been used for a few months it might take 2-3 seconds for the drivers to loosen up to their original parameters, but that's it. Ear adjustment is a thing.

Crank 'em and enjoy 'em. They're brilliant little budget speakers. When I had a pair, I ran them from my 200w/c Meridian 557 power amp to see how they sounded. They're happy to be fed some current, that's for sure.

Soldato
Thanks for the input guys..

been playing some Spotify on the series X, and the speakers / amp sound so clear and loud, I’m not even taxing either :eek:

Back
Top Bottom