NR200 Owner's Thread

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and also setting myself up for a new task -- water cooling. And guess what, I am planning to water cool my pc using NR200 and shift my current setup from Ncase M1 into the new NR200. I am in the middle of acquiring all the water cooling components.

I am in a dilemma if getting a corsair commander pro is worth for 2 reasons. Infact they are the question I need answers to from this kind group -
1) Does commander pro fit in the front hollow chamber, if not, where else can I put this thing in, it looks to be a long item for an SFF?
2) Can it do the fan controlling for each individual fans or will it be 1 curve for all? I am planning to have 2xArctic P14s (side rad), 2xNoctua A12x25s (top pair) and 2xNoctua A12x15s (bottom rad)?

So I've got 5 p12s coming what's the best cooling set up?
2 below gpu as intake, 2 on top as exhaust and two one the cooler blowing to the rear vent or 2 on the cooler pulling air in from the rear?
Keep the rear as exhaust. But one question, how would you put a p12 (120 mm) fan at the rear? I believe its only slotted for a 90mm fan, correct me if I am wrong.

Soldato
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and also setting myself up for a new task -- water cooling. And guess what, I am planning to water cool my pc using NR200 and shift my current setup from Ncase M1 into the new NR200. I am in the middle of acquiring all the water cooling components.

I am in a dilemma if getting a corsair commander pro is worth for 2 reasons. Infact they are the question I need answers to from this kind group -
1) Does commander pro fit in the front hollow chamber, if not, where else can I put this thing in, it looks to be a long item for an SFF?
2) Can it do the fan controlling for each individual fans or will it be 1 curve for all? I am planning to have 2xArctic P14s (side rad), 2xNoctua A12x25s (top pair) and 2xNoctua A12x15s (bottom rad)?

Corsair commander pro is really only worth getting if you go all in with Corsair fans and flashy lights. If you just want fan control, just use the motherboard fan controls and some PWM splitters. Much cleaner and no need for additional bloaty software.

To be perfectly honest, if you planning on doing custom water cooling, I’d look at a different chassis. A custom loop in an NR200 is challenging, I certainly couldn’t recommend it for a first time water cooler. There are so many cases built with water cooling in mind and the NR200P certainly isn’t one of them (outside of an AIO).

Associate
So I've got 5 p12s coming what's the best cooling set up?
2 below gpu as intake, 2 on top as exhaust and two one the cooler blowing to the rear vent or 2 on the cooler pulling air in from the rear?

After watching machines and more, even CoolerMasters YT video and my own testing...I have my CPU cooler fans as INTAKE. Helps temps by a few degrees (3-4°c) vs having them as exhaust.

Basically the logic is that in exhaust orientation, you are blowing the warm GPU air thru the cooler. Whereas if you run the CPU cooler as intake it is getting cooler air from the rear. Some will argue if you have the Founders Edition 3000 cards or a blower style card it will be intaking that warm GPU air back into the system. I can't definitively argue against that, but I think the amount of warm air you would get from that is much less than the warm air you'd get from inside the case.

Corsair commander pro is really only worth getting if you go all in with Corsair fans and flashy lights. If you just want fan control, just use the motherboard fan controls and some PWM splitters. Much cleaner and no need for additional bloaty software.

To be perfectly honest, if you planning on doing custom water cooling, I’d look at a different chassis. A custom loop in an NR200 is challenging, I certainly couldn’t recommend it for a first time water cooler. There are so many cases built with water cooling in mind and the NR200P certainly isn’t one of them (outside of an AIO).
Thanks for your response. I will then skip commander pro,
About custom cooling setup in NR200 (its not P, besides the plan is to have a side rad), I agree with you that its something very challenging but I reckon I would still go ahead with it because I have already bought my parts and waiting for some of them to be delivered and more importantly, I have to stay SFF due to my requirement of using it with my TV and size does matter for my use case.

I am just new to WC loop but not new to PC building and I believe I can manage to route as much as cable that I can to make way for the tubes to route through. I know its easier said than done but thats one reason why I am going soft tubing in this case :)

Associate
After watching machines and more, even CoolerMasters YT video and my own testing...I have my CPU cooler fans as INTAKE. Helps temps by a few degrees (3-4°c) vs having them as exhaust.

Basically the logic is that in exhaust orientation, you are blowing the warm GPU air thru the cooler. Whereas if you run the CPU cooler as intake it is getting cooler air from the rear. Some will argue if you have the Founders Edition 3000 cards or a blower style card it will be intaking that warm GPU air back into the system. I can't definitively argue against that, but I think the amount of warm air you would get from that is much less than the warm air you'd get from inside the case.

So does this mean two fans on the cooler taking air from the rear vent blowing towards the psu shroud?

Soldato
Thanks for your response. I will then skip commander pro,
About custom cooling setup in NR200 (its not P, besides the plan is to have a side rad), I agree with you that its something very challenging but I reckon I would still go ahead with it because I have already bought my parts and waiting for some of them to be delivered and more importantly, I have to stay SFF due to my requirement of using it with my TV and size does matter for my use case.

I am just new to WC loop but not new to PC building and I believe I can manage to route as much as cable that I can to make way for the tubes to route through. I know its easier said than done but thats one reason why I am going soft tubing in this case :)

Out of interest, what's your plan to WC? CPP/Gfx, rad locations, pump etc.

Out of interest, what's your plan to WC? CPP/Gfx, rad locations, pump etc.
I am planning to have a 280mm rad (HWLabs GLS280) on the side with 25mm thick fans (Arctic P14) and a 240mm rad on the bottom (a crossflow TX240) with 15mm thick fans (Noctua chormax A12x15).
The pump and cpu block is the combo from barrow which leaves me room for the side rad and the loop routing. Also having elbow 90 deg low profile fittings on the pump to ensure the loop doesnt use much space there.
GFX will have the EK block with terminal rotatory inlets.

Associate
First "Top Hat" mod for NR200:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comm...r200/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Going by the comments, there's at least two others working on different designs.

Nice indeed. Will be keeping an eye out for things like this. Been pondering designing something myself! :)

Nice find!

Of course my Prusa Mini cant fit any of the pieces so I'd have to split them up more than he already did. Only expect more people to make something since CM provided the top panel model to work with.

Associate
Update 2:
Changed to vertical layout and replaced 3070FE with 3080FE

eZ46LB8.jpg

DeW7eXh

Associate
Update 2:
Changed to vertical layout and replaced 3070FE with 3080FE

DeW7eXh

Good !
I planned to perform the same MOD into my case.
Do you know if the cooler clearance remains same (154,5mm) with this mod ?
Indeed, If Mugen 5 can't be installed, I won't do this mod I think ...

thanks !

Associate
Cooler clearance is unchanged because its only inverted, was an easy task and took me 10 minutes of work
This is my source with pictures how to manage this mod

https://imgur.com/a/xJNwgmf

The good thing is it is not permanent and can easily be changed back to stock

Last edited:
Soldato
do you believe I can have great temps using thermalright silver arrow 130 ? comparable to mugen 5 ?

What CPU? Overclocking? Case fans? Noise tolerance/fan speed?

I wouldn’t say a Mugen 5 is able to deliver great temps on my 5900X with PBO settings maxed out if that’s what your asking. Does it keep it cool enough to stop it turning into a thermal nuclear explosion, yes just about. It peaks at 90C on an all core turbo but I do keep the fan speeds as low as possible.

Associate
it will be a 3600x + 2070s.
for time being, I'll only keep the fan included into the nr200 bundle (but I'll certainly replace them by P12 PWM).
Actually, the silver arrow 130 cooler is pretty rare and we have very few review.
Anyway, I purchased it, I'll send you the results once the build will be completed :)

Edit : With the ThermalRight Silver Arrow 130 (with stock cooler + case fans) :
Temperatures are very disappointing. About 75°C under CP2077 (CPU boost @ 4150Mhz) but the stock cooler fan is very loud. It's just horrible.
=> I've already purchased a Mugen 5 to have a comparison.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom