• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Having a strange issue, read about SAM and my mobo offers it. I enabled it but computer would not post, disabled it and got the same thing until eventually it did post. Same settings used as last time and im getting lower score, do not understand how thats possible. Is there anything anyone can see different from my previous?

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56039190? Now

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24524951 Previous

Edit - I see the problem, the memory has lost its OC

Edit 2 - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56040129? re did the mem OC and fixed hopefully

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it a case of fixed offset above whatever is shown in GPU-Z?

i think the point he was making is that there is not much of a voltage cap. but it does not help with overclock much - he went up to 1.35v, which is quite a bit for 7nm.

Whereas Igor was saying that AMD capped the voltage and nerfed the card.

The story that is emerging is that voltage and ram clocks are not nerfed on the cards but the clock speed on the 6800XT is. The 6900XT reference is not nerfed on clock speed but the chips don't seem to be able to hit 2753mhz+ as readily. This could be because AMD have not shipped enough chips for us to know what the best chips can do or, they just can't do it.

We need to see a top-binned non-thermal limited 6900XT AIB card to know for sure and its taking an awfully long time to find out lol

Associate
i think the point he was making is that there is not much of a voltage cap. but it does not help with overclock much - he went up to 1.35v, which is quite a bit for 7nm.

Whereas Igor was saying that AMD capped the voltage and nerfed the card.

The story that is emerging is that voltage and ram clocks are not nerfed on the cards but the clock speed on the 6800XT is. The 6900XT reference is not nerfed on clock speed but the chips don't seem to be able to hit 2753mhz+ as readily. This could be because AMD have not shipped enough chips for us to know what the best chips can do or, they just can't do it.

We need to see a top-binned non-thermal limited 6900XT AIB card to know for sure and its taking an awfully long time to find out lol
I thought you can't set higher voltages even by using MPT. I get your point that these chips don't seem to scale with voltages but just wanted to know whether there was an offset like situation with actual and reported voltages. I think Coreteks on YouTube had reviewed a card @2900 MHz.

Man of Honour
OP
Welcome all and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

XM8L91W.png

Date 01/01/2021, Make Sapphire Nitro+, Jumper118, Link
Date 01/01/2021, Make AMD Reference, Jumper118, Link
Date 31/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, NathG79, Link
Date 30/12/2020, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Nugsy88, Link
Date 27/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 26/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Abhishek Shukla, Link
Date 24/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, ch99mr, Link
Date 24/12/2020, Make Sapphire Nitro+, hornytoe, Link
Date 23/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Diplodocus, Link
Date 23/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, DeathStorm, Link
Date 23/12/2020, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Jonnym28, Link
Date 17/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, DustyMiller, Link
Date 16/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Curlyriff, Link
Date 16/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Chewie, Link
Date 16/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Too Tall, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6900 XT.

Associate
Hi all, been a forum stalker for a while and benefited immensely from others advice so wanted to be added to the 6900xt team.

Have been impressed by the performance so far comparing it to the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC I have (which is also very impressive at stock).

I did have a bit of coil whine but not immediately. Only after I moved my AiO tubes that where just a little too tight between the outside of the card and case panel.
I moved them out of the way and immediate coil whine whilst playing RDR2?

Then worried that I was using a daisy chained PCIe cable to power the card ran a second cable through and on next boot up and every time since not a single peep.

Im not sure if it is due to the card being better supported by the second cable or in general in my first config not able to vibrate but only experienced it briefly it what a might describe as a 'more free hanging' position with very little support.

That being said I've not tinkered any further and only flipped the card into RAGE mode through the Radeon software. Only thing I need to get used to is it running hotter than my 3080 but temps are solid with no spikes when it's been running for a while.

Anyway I've gone on long enough so hi all

8nRxam0.jpg
3Sg90pf.jpg
bavsGqN.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi all, been a forum stalker for a while and benefited immensely from others advice so wanted to be added to the 6900xt team.

Have been impressed by the performance so far comparing it to the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC I have (which is also very impressive at stock).

I did have a bit of coil whine but not immediately. Only after I moved my AiO tubes that where just a little too tight between the outside of the card and case panel.

Then worried that I was using a daisy chained PCIe cable to power the card ran a second cable through and on next boot up and every time since not a single peep.

Im not sure if it is due to the card being better supported by the second cable or in general in my first config not able to vibrate but only experienced it briefly it what a might describe as a 'more free hanging' position with very little support.

That being said I've not tinkered any further and only flipped the card into RAGE mode through the Radeon software. Only thing I need to get used to is it running hotter than my 3080 but temps are solid with no spikes when it's been running for a while.

Anyway this is very long for a first post so hi all

Welcome to the forum. :)

Your image link is broken.

Man of Honour
OP

Anyway I've gone on long enough so hi all

8nRxam0.jpg
3Sg90pf.jpg
bavsGqN.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

XM8L91W.png

Date 04/01/2021, Make Sapphire Nitro+, Mister_tangerine, Link
Date 01/01/2021, Make Sapphire Nitro+, Jumper118, Link
Date 01/01/2021, Make AMD Reference, Jumper118, Link
Date 31/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, NathG79, Link
Date 30/12/2020, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Nugsy88, Link
Date 27/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 26/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Abhishek Shukla, Link
Date 24/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, ch99mr, Link
Date 24/12/2020, Make Sapphire Nitro+, hornytoe, Link
Date 23/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Diplodocus, Link
Date 23/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, DeathStorm, Link
Date 23/12/2020, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Jonnym28, Link
Date 17/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, DustyMiller, Link
Date 16/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Curlyriff, Link
Date 16/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Chewie, Link
Date 16/12/2020, Make AMD Reference, Too Tall, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6900 XT.

Associate
Timespy results with SAM and Rage mode enabled.

This is with the Gigabyte X570 Auros pro Beta bios (Resizable BAR support for Ryzen 2).
3900X

Soldato
Idk why you'd even bother using rage mode. It scores lower than the auto undervolt. In fact out of the presets in the amd driver the auto undervolt is the fastest by miles.

Back
Top Bottom