Football Manager 2021

Soldato
As above said, best in the last 10 years or so. I think the ME is very good this year. What don't you like about it?

Fwiw I started playing around FM11/12 I think.

My main gripe is how poorly optimised it is, it takes forever to get a season done.

You should give CM01/02 a look, maybe we were blessed but that was rapid.

Associate
The main issue I have with the FM series is just how much frivolous material they have included in the game year-on-year, it has become a real eyesore. It is immersion at the expense of fun.

That said, FM19 was my favourite of the modern games and the match engine in FM21 is superior. Currently half a season in and I am impressed with the gameplay. Although they have made a dogs dinner of the layout of the match screens. And hiding the U21/U18 squads in the development centre is just plain irritating.

Associate
Loving FM as always this year. I can understand why older players (series longevity not age!) might not like the newer games though. I've been playing since around CM97/98 and there's so much more in the game now compared to those early versions everyone loved.
I remember coming back to FM a couple years ago to play regularly and it took me a while to get used to it so it may be worth sticking with it for a little bit. Otherwise I seem to recall they used to include a classic mode or something, it may be worth checking that out if it still exists.

One thing I was looking for this year and can't find - is there anywhere that shows me a list of all the players I've got transfer listed? Rather than checking individually or on the squad page and seeing the Transfer List symbol near their name.

Soldato
My main gripe is how poorly optimised it is, it takes forever to get a season done.

Hmmm maybe I'm not too sure what exactly you mean. My game is rapid this year compared to the previous few years - simulating day by day is nowhere near as long as it took before. Also noticed saving is a lot quicker. Although I'm not sure what it was like CM01/02 so maybe we have different meanings of rapid here.

Associate
Save files are in your PC pathway: Documents > Sports Interactive > FM21 > Games.

Should be as simple as copying the correct .fm file and making it available for download, and the recipient downloading/pasting it to their own version of that folder. I've seen users upload 'challenge' style save game files on the Sigames forum, as well as .fmf tactics files, so I'm sure this will be no problem.

Associate

Yeah, 21 is noticeably quicker than any version I can think of for ages. It is quick. I play with a huge database (72k players) and 32 playable leagues and it is still quick. Not sure how long it would take to sim a season, never tried to be honest.

Ree

Ree

Associate
they need to look into the minimum fee release clauses set by the agents when signing new contracts. i managed to get haaland for 66m from dortmund (he asked to leave) and av used him for nearly a season (he's brilliant btw 50 goals in 24 matches so far) so i thought i'd renew his contract as chelsea are interested and the agent is restricting it to £69m wtf. luckily the contract i've got him on has no release clause but it's looking like am gonna have to sell him during this contract at some point or get mugged.

Ree

Ree

Associate
funny you should mention swos

301de84edd212581f0ea93b0a870da86.png

Back
Top Bottom