Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
Where did you get that wallpaper from (the snowy one)?

It's an animated one I made for wallpaper engine. I've uploaded it on Steam - it's called 'Tundra'.

Edit: made a bigger stand this afternoon for the DAC and a USB hub. Also got the Pitikapp sytem monitor software running on my iPhone. It's a nice little free app and easy to use / configure.

dZuXc30.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So... I did a new desk build.

Away with the IKEA Malm. In with, a full kitchen?

Full thread with more pics in the build section:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/lockdown-pc-setup.18888192/page-2

PXL-20201230-204420664.jpg

PXL-20201230-204444116.jpg
That looks really great :):):)

But would really be no good for someone like me as the more desk space i have the more junk i stick on it :o:D

Associate
Just finished doing all my WiFi enabled RGB strips into channels, really liking it. All configured with Alexa aswell. May do another floor run under desk.

Entire experience of it means I'm likely to put RGB bulbs, smart switches, motion sensors (for auto lighting at night) and contact sensors for stuff like lighting cupboards in February.

20210103-194109.jpg
20210103-194908.jpg

Soldato
It's an animated one I made for wallpaper engine. I've uploaded it on Steam - it's called 'Tundra'.

Edit: made a bigger stand this afternoon for the DAC and a USB hub. Also got the Pitikapp sytem monitor software running on my iPhone. It's a nice little free app and easy to use / configure.

dZuXc30.jpg

Can I ask bud, how do you mount the monitor on the wall like that? Do you need to drill into the studs or something?

Soldato
Can I ask bud, how do you mount the monitor on the wall like that? Do you need to drill into the studs or something?
Ah cheers, bud, would you mind linking to the kit in question?
Are these interchangable with the panel that you get ? E.g. if you upgrade?

uMGSFoq.jpeg

Not finished but it's getting there :p

Need to get some basket to assist cable management

Which LED light are you using here bud thats some pretty power lighting!

Man of Honour
Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can buy a desk that’s deeper than 80cm. It’s actually quite a tedious thing to search for on google!

I ideally want something 90cm deep and with a seeming lack of any other options I think my best bet is getting a kitchen worktop and adding some legs to it.

Soldato
Ah cheers, bud, would you mind linking to the kit in question?
Are these interchangable with the panel that you get ? E.g. if you upgrade?

Which LED light are you using here bud thats some pretty power lighting!

Govee LED TV Backlight, Music Sync USB Powered LED Strip Lighting Kit with Remote for 46-60 Inch TV Television PC Monitor(2 x 50cm + 2 x 10cm) [Energy Class A++]

They're completely overkill. We have doubled up lol, it was huge on my 34" monitor.

Soldato
Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can buy a desk that’s deeper than 80cm. It’s actually quite a tedious thing to search for on google!

I ideally want something 90cm deep and with a seeming lack of any other options I think my best bet is getting a kitchen worktop and adding some legs to it.

Kitchen worktop is the way forward. A standard one won't be deep enough for your wants there, but an 'island / breakfast bar' section will be. Very easy to cut to size also if you find a section bigger than required.

Man of Honour
Kitchen worktop is the way forward. A standard one won't be deep enough for your wants there, but an 'island / breakfast bar' section will be. Very easy to cut to size also if you find a section bigger than required.
Yup this is what I’m going for... just get some table legs on the thing.

With that said your set up with the cabinets is dreamy :eek: did you get a tradesman in for that?

Associate
Caporegime

eBay or Gumtree. I got mine (dark solid oak) from Gumtree after a bloke finished his kitchen and had it left over.

If new then eBay has plenty of kitchen worktop suppliers selling solid wood 960mm deep tops, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Oa...-/132677845136?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292.

Back
Top Bottom