• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone planning to buy the RX 6900 XT, rather than RTX 3080?

Man of Honour
I like how pretty much immediately that truck on the right has a lot of detail pop-in as he walks along. The grill on the front is virtually non existent then it just "melts" into view.

I'll try and get some video of it at some point but the engine is quite glitchy in this respect - I can play for about 2 hours without any real issues like that then performance falls apart and I get detail pop-in all over the place at random - I think something in the engine is doing some kind of dynamic resource management (probably quite a bit of that going on anyway) when it encounters a certain condition and is streaming a lot of assets between RAM and VRAM for whatever reason. For some reason some people get this all the time and/or within minutes of starting the game others can play for hours until it happens.

Associate
For Rt games or apps AMD cards slower thats accepted. Also 6900xt seems to have problem with higher frequencies. Maybe it needs more power don't know.

But for me 2750mhz is stable with my 6800xt.

Here is 4k ultra Valhalla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36y2x39C35E As you can see only 72c and fans are auto my daily settings. Never got crash before.

It's rare to boost that much with other games. For ex; cyberpunk averages about 2730mhz. Using MTP for more power also increases frequencies but only up to 2750mhz not more.

I believe if there is no 2800mhz barrier at time spy 6800xt can beat ln2'd 3080. (already beat every other 3080's)

You are using Manual Tuning Control in Radeon Software correct? What voltage have you set for 2730mhz? I think it's possible to undervolt while raising frequency speed for these cards.

Associate
You are using Manual Tuning Control in Radeon Software correct? What voltage have you set for 2730mhz? I think it's possible to undervolt while raising frequency speed for these cards.

Without undervolt which is 1.15v only boost around 2550-2600mhz max. With uv i have set it to min voltage (881mv) and gpu-z sensor readings says gpu gets around 1.1v.

So it's override my setting but also cannot get 1.15v with uv. Which results 2740-50mhz on every app. (If there are not enough power freq decreases but with more power tool it can boost 2750mhz (min 2700- max 2800 slider) to every apps.

Only gpu drains around 300w to 330w base on app. I can push it to 380w but can not get more than 2750mhz. It's the ultimate AMD limit for 6800xt

Associate
Hey alll! :)

So bringing back this thread from the dead :D

With all this mining craze ... I've been offered to trade my Suprim X 3080 for a Red Devil 6900XT.

What's your opinion on this? I don't do mining and I play at 1440p. Ray Tracing is not something I suddenly need because the games I play are competitive and don't use it ... but i'm torn. I know 6900XT has better performance at 1440p but really wanted to understand if anyone here experienced both cards and what was the outtake.

Thank you!

Permabanned
Hey alll! :)

So bringing back this thread from the dead :D

With all this mining craze ... I've been offered to trade my Suprim X 3080 for a Red Devil 6900XT.

What's your opinion on this? I don't do mining and I play at 1440p. Ray Tracing is not something I suddenly need because the games I play are competitive and don't use it ... but i'm torn. I know 6900XT has better performance at 1440p but really wanted to understand if anyone here experienced both cards and what was the outtake.

Thank you!

It's definately a downgrade along with the issue of warranty.

Associate
6900 xt improving with every driver release, very close to beat 3090 in pure rasterisation right now, i think it will age much better than a 3080.

Associate
I originally wanted a 6800XT or 6900XT to go with my AMD setup, but there were none available at the time of release. After ages of looking and looking and waiting etc, I gave up, thinking there wouldn't be any AMD cards available for, how long is a piece of string?? Anyway, I saw a Inno3D 3090 X4 available on OCUK and purchased one of those, as at the time the 3090 was the only thing available. I like the Inno3d card so I got that one. Really good card, but still wanted an AMD card.
A month or so later, I'm looking around OCUK as you do and saw the ASUS TUF 6900XT available and just brought it, thinking, I'll never get the opportunity to get a 6900XT for the foreseeable future....
I sold the 3090 on the obvious auction site. I put it up for £1999.99, taking into consideration OCUK had it for sale new at £2299.99. (even though there were none for sale and the price had gone up twice since I purchased mine) After fees and P&P, I got about £86 less than I paid for it, so the guy that purchased it, got a sweet deal.
I have no regrets about getting the 6900XT and selling the 3090. I've got to admit, I do love the 6900XT and its been a great card.

Associate
What do you mean by warranty issue?

Warranty doesn’t transfer over.

Plus RT and DLSS vs crap RT and no DLSS on 6900xt.

DLSS in VR starting to show up as well.

3080s will also go up in value even more ( because the newly produced cards will have mining limitations on them, so if the crypto craze keeps on going you’ll be able to sell this to a miner for even more cash since it will be a ‘limited’ item.

6900xt is worse in every way that matters ( slightly higher raster perf is worth nada ).

ps: you could also make around 250-300$ a month with 0 effort by mining on this. The other guy already knows this and plans to do just that prolly.

Permabanned
What do you mean by warranty issue?

Do both cards have transferrable warranties?

It wouldn't be a downgrade for him based on his use case. It would more than likely be an upgrade.

I didn't look back to see exactly what competitive titles he plays, but with the DLSS uptake increasing and Nvidia's Reflex tech it is hard to justify an RDNA2 card for anything now, even if he doesn't have interest in RT.

Associate
Gsync doesn't work on AMD so I won't ever be getting an AMD GPU.

Freesync is more like lolsync.

I'll take gsync with 20% less FPS because its still visually better and I already have a g sync monitor and soon a g sync 4K TV.

Soldato
Warranty doesn’t transfer over.

Plus RT and DLSS vs crap RT and no DLSS on 6900xt.

DLSS in VR starting to show up as well.

3080s will also go up in value even more ( because the newly produced cards will have mining limitations on them, so if the crypto craze keeps on going you’ll be able to sell this to a miner for even more cash since it will be a ‘limited’ item.

6900xt is worse in every way that matters ( slightly higher raster perf is worth nada ).

ps: you could also make around 250-300$ a month with 0 effort by mining on this. The other guy already knows this and plans to do just that prolly.

As mentioned, the guy states he plays competitive games, with no RT, at 1440p.... For his use case 6900XT is better in every way that matters... Slightly higher raster perf is worth everything.

As for DLSS being a selling point for a £1500 (lols) top of the range graphics card.... Well... <sigh>

Back
Top Bottom