• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Associate
Reviving this old thread. It’s good to laugh.

I picked up mine for £500 and some of the comments here made me feel like I had over paid. Not only have I been able to play games at high settings over the last half a year, but it needed I could sell for a very tidy profit right now. Crazy.

Last edited:
Permabanned
+1

Don't get why people be paying £500-£600 for these. Bit odd that :p

I suspect there are lots of people buying games who need an upgrade and just haven't been able to get a 3000 series, so in desperation they are buying anything they can get. Also people who's cards have died, needing replacements. People building new PC's.. you name it... people need graphics cards.

Man of Honour
This thread aged interestingly. I don't think anyone honestly had any idea things would get so hilariously overpriced following the frankly bonkers stock situation we're seeing currently!

HRL

HRL

Soldato
This thread aged interestingly. I don't think anyone honestly had any idea things would get so hilariously overpriced following the frankly bonkers stock situation we're seeing currently!

Indeed. Could have sold mine but I’d already promised it as a hand me down to my kids, and you don’t break promises to children.

Associate
Nvidia really did shaft quite a few of their customers with this 30 series launch. Bad enough with the stock issues, but to crap all over their previous product to hype them up, just absolute insanity on their part.

Of course, if you are lucky/flexible enough, you can get a bargain.

Associate
Reviving this old thread. It’s good to laugh.

I picked up mine for £500 and some of the comments here made me feel like I had over paid. Not only have I been able to play games at high settings over the last half a year, but it needed I could sell for a very tidy profit right now. Crazy.

It's a funny one because on the one hand you could say technically you overpaid for it but on the other hand some of those that sold early enough to get the "most" money before their upgrade ended up in a queue and might still not have their GPU.

My stance has not changed though, I still have a limit for what I would pay for used electronics.

Indeed. Could have sold mine but I’d already promised it as a hand me down to my kids, and you don’t break promises to children.
This is always a better option. Cheap/free upgrades for friends and family. If you need to keep selling to buy your upgrades you will eventually get caught out.

Associate
It's a funny one because on the one hand you could say technically you overpaid for it but on the other hand some of those that sold early enough to get the "most" money before their upgrade ended up in a queue and might still not have their GPU.

You are right. The only way you ever could really 'win' though is by selling at a peak and being patient enough to step away from gaming until prices drop again.

But I won't be doing that :p

Soldato
This thread aged badly.

I got the 3090 Gaming X Trio by using a lesser known competitor that charged me the £1400 RRP and limited sales to existing customer accounts which helped me to checkout as they were in stock for a couple of hours.

I put the 2080ti in a box under the desk and ignored a lot of nasty comments from Facebook group members when I listed it for £650. When prices hit £350 I knew too many people had left themselves without cards as the market was flooded.

I'd get £650 at xmas I thought............I don't need the money yet to pay off this 3090.

I did get £949 at xmas for the 2080ti on ebay and used a 'sell for £1 offer' and it was collected from the house on Xmas day by a local. This is the price I had paid for the 2080ti originally.

So I owed £450 on my paypal credit for a straight swap up to RTX3090. 6 hours volunteered for triple time on boxing day working for emergency telecoms services and I'm square.

Next I'm genuinely looking at why the 7700K processors and higher end Z270 boards are selling for so much and eyeing up a cheap AMD board and 5800x as practically a straight swap!

Overall this 3090 will probably be the cheapest high end card for another 12 months as I forsee £1600 3080tis and £1500 3080supers 1 minute after they sell out.

Last edited:
Associate
This thread aged badly.

I got the 3090 Gaming X Trio by using a lesser known competitor that charged me the £1400 RRP and limited sales to existing customer accounts which helped me to checkout as they were in stock for a couple of hours.

I put the 2080ti in a box under the desk and ignored a lot of nasty comments from Facebook group members when I listed it for £650. When prices hit £350 I knew too many people had left themselves without cards as the market was flooded.

I'd get £650 at xmas I thought............I don't need the money yet to pay off this 3090.

I did get £949 at xmas for the 2080ti on ebay and used a 'sell for £1 offer' and it was collected from the house on Xmas day by a local. This is the price I had paid for the 2080ti originally.

So I owed £450 on my paypal credit for a straight swap up to RTX3090. 6 hours volunteered for triple time on boxing day working for emergency telecoms services and I'm square.

Nice one.

My equivalent was selling on a 1080 to upgrade to the 2080 Ti.

I did pop it on a shelf, but wasn't overly fussed about shifting it rapidly. I turned down a fair few offers. I ended up getting rid of it just because I wanted the space back on my shelf. With hindsight I should have just done what you have, because I think I sold it for about £200, and right now they are somehow going for £300+. Insane.

Associate
Wow after reading this thread just now I thought I would check what my card (asus gtx 1080 ti strix oc) is going for.. one sold at £500 yesterday!
I am tempted to put mine up for sale and then wait and buy a 3070 when ever that is available. I currently have a RX 570 lying around that I could use in the mean time to play Civ 6 :p

Soldato
Wow after reading this thread just now I thought I would check what my card (asus gtx 1080 ti strix oc) is going for.. one sold at £500 yesterday!
I am tempted to put mine up for sale and then wait and buy a 3070 when ever that is available. I currently have a RX 570 lying around that I could use in the mean time to play Civ 6 :p

Just had a quick look. The 1080ti I've been selling for (look at completed listings) £340-480 most going for the £340 mark. So after fees you'll end up with about £300

Associate
Just had a quick look. The 1080ti I've been selling for (look at completed listings) £340-480 most going for the £340 mark. So after fees you'll end up with about £300
I might wait for the sell for a £1 offer and go for it, or maybe try selling locally.
I only started looking again at cards today, will OCuk be getting new cards for new orders again or they are still filling back orders?

Soldato
I might wait for the sell for a £1 offer and go for it, or maybe try selling locally.
I only started looking again at cards today, will OCuk be getting new cards for new orders again or they are still filling back orders?

Yeah better to sell local. Lots of chancers tho.

I think there still sorting back orders. There's a sticky at the top. I've not looked at it for a while tho. I'm not getting another card for 6 months or so

Associate
I wonder how much of a gamble it is to see whether the next generation of cards will go through the same thing. Maybe I can snag a 3090 at some point for a low price of £500 :p

Back
Top Bottom