Corsair HX1200i Issues

Associate
I recently received my order for a Corsair HX1200i from Overclockers. It was updating my current SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 750W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" as its 5 years old and I wanted something more powerfull for a 3090 and future proofing towards a new CPU.

After installing the Corsair PSU, computer powered for the first time and the 3090 LED's above the power connectors was flashing to show an issue with power delivery. Switched off the computer and double checked all cables with no issues. Switched it back on but still had the same issue for a couple restarts. After a couple problem sourcing, the LED's stopped flashing but nothing was being displayed and everything that was plugged into the USB's would not power/work. (Keyboard, Mouse, RGB Mouse Mat and Wireless Headphone Receiver).

Ive tried everything down to only powering the Motherboard, CPU and RAM with nothing on the monitor.

Ive tried removing the CMOS battery, leaving it for a while and tried again but nothing.

I thought it might of killed the motherboard at first but after connecting my old PSU, everything works as it should with no issues.

Is there something I can try/do or am I presumming ive received a bad PSU?

Motherboard - MSI X99S SLI Plus Intel X99
CPU - Intel 5820K
RAM - TeamGroup Elite 16GB
GPU - ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC

Associate
OP
Not a daft question, and no 1000%. Leadex uses clear ended 9 pin squares where as the Corsair is 8 pin traditional. Basically there’s no way you can mix them! Used all the brand new cables that came with the PSU

Soldato
Bought a HX1200i 2 months ago and would not boot the pc just constantly stuck in a boot loop. The replacement was fine for a couple of weeks and that is now randomly losing power, you can be in the middle of doing anything and the pc just loses power as if someone has switched off the wall socket . Now waiting over a month for Corsair to get fresh stock to replace the faulty 2nd one.

Full details here with affected lot codes.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=201807

Last edited:
Associate
Bought a Hx1200i and Hx1200 from the rain forest this week...

Both stopped working within 2minutes of turning system on... never to power again(fan spins)

System works fine with other PSU.

Talk about being unlucky.

Soldato
Hi OP

there is a known issue on Corsair 1200w PSU's - models affected were manufactured after July 2020, the issue will cause your PC to not post.

Swap the psu for a new one and make sure it's not in the affected batch. Corsair has asked retailers to send back all affected lot codes

I just got a 1200i as well but lucky for me my unit was made before July 2020 so my unit works perfectly

Last edited:
Associate
Also just upgraded to a HX1200i after having odd crash with my old HX750i since getting a 3090.....PC booted once now stuck in a loop of restarts....lot 2038xxxx from the rain forest place...

Associate
Swapped the old PSU back in and all is well, requested direct RMA with CORSAIR although tempted to keep all the cables to sell on ebay to make up for wasting my time!

Soldato
Swapped the old PSU back in and all is well, requested direct RMA with CORSAIR although tempted to keep all the cables to sell on ebay to make up for wasting my time!

I have been waiting 7 weeks for my replacement, finally got a Fedex tracking number today and should be here by the 8th. In the mean time i bought an Asus Thor 1200w (Screen is useless to me as the psu fits in my case upside down) so don't know if to keep the Asus or sell the Corsair?

Associate
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my replacement, finally got a Fedex tracking number today and should be here by the 8th. In the mean time i bought an Asus Thor 1200w (Screen is useless to me as the psu fits in my case upside down) so don't know if to keep the Asus or sell the Corsair?
7 weeks that sucks. I could bin mine of straight back to rain forest land but no guarantee a replacement isn't from the same duff batch.

No advice on what PSU to keep, I went corsair because I was replacing a HX750i and just wanted a PSU that would be compatible with existing cables.

Soldato
Replacements normally ship from Netherlands but this one is coming from Hong Kong so i presume it's direct from the manufacturer.

I went Corsair again as my AX860i has lasted me over 7 years and now running in an older pc. But after having 2 faulty Corsair psu's in the space of a month i'm not so sure now.

Associate
Given your 7 week wait experience I've sent the HX1200i back to the rain forest rather than deal with corsair.

Couldn't find a direct replacement in stock anywhere, found a AX1000 (none i) but not sure about that...

Soldato
Given your 7 week wait experience I've sent the HX1200i back to the rain forest rather than deal with corsair.

Couldn't find a direct replacement in stock anywhere, found a AX1000 (none i) but not sure about that...

The HX1200i is showing as in stock on Corsairs online store.

Associate
Cheers, got one ordered ;) with a 10% off as well.
Me too :)

Thanks for that heads up @Amidar appreciate that.

Feeling slightly nervous as normally go Seasonic. I have both a Seasonic Prime 1300 and Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1200W ordered elsewhere with dates towards end of month, will cancel once I see the Corsair shipping which I hope is soon.

@Marc250 Give me a shout when you see yours shipping, would be good to know, cheers fella!

Back
Top Bottom