Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Haven't read about it getting listed in the US, but then I put very little care or attention into 212, its all small change to me and if it goes to zero, I'm pretty much only putting money in there I would have spent down the pub, which I cant sooo, I might or might not get something out of it, where as if I had spent it in the pub I'd just wake up with a headache lol

Soldato
Call me brave, but I am holding, I feel with how shares in the US get pumped so hard, once it is listed US side it could see further gains, its a gamble for me along with MARA and RIOT to hold out and see where it goes.
Holding MARA here as well to see where it goes too.

Caporegime
anyone thoughts on NEL ? (NEL ASA)
https://nelhydrogen.com/
There market cap is already high though even if the share price seems *low* @ €2.88
but there growth looks crazy? is hydrogen really the future?
Estimated 2020/2021 earnings already priced in obviously, which is bad if they don't meet expectations.
ZChwlLQ.jpg

EU is going big on hydrogen though right?

went on a mini spending spree after some small research last night but only small money anyway so not wasting too much time.
ASX AQN AMSSY CAAS FRSX INTT D7G(NEL) PLAB

then learn on 212 only shares with fractions can actually go in a pie even if your not using auto invest/dividend reinvesting sigh
k1eHj37.jpg
No idea if any of these did the rounds on social media, didn't wanna check cos it would probably just put me off.
a few others I wanted to pick up but I expect them to drop a little first.

Don't buy cos I did, do your own DD.

anyone else building any pet project portfolios for the year?

BTW saw this when researching AMSSY (AMS AG) and thought it was a pretty funny read
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...osram-saga-is-one-of-the-strangest-2019-10-22

seems they were pretty desperate for Osram’s Lidar sensor technology

EDIT: wow BP finally had a really good day

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are they your holdings?
in these companies for now that I bought today, not my entire holdings on 212.

It's a small new years project for a bit of fun, possibly some of them I will add to over time depending on how they go.

thought perhaps others in the thread may be doing similar and if so it wouldn't hurt to exchange tickers, so we can do our own individual DD

maybe find something we like we otherwise wouldn't have noticed.
FRSX and INTT trying to wreck my new years portfolio
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Sozxcv2HW1bpuotKhDeTd5aGhYJRQ-X7hpFFm4fF_M/edit?usp=sharing

I stole the template from someone else, no idea what's wrong with the colours...

Last edited:
Soldato
Should be a good day today if as it looks the Dems take control of the senate.

INRG up 3% at opening....tempted to skim a bit to put aside for a 3080....but sounds like stock is weeks away.

Soldato
in these companies for now that I bought today, not my entire holdings on 212.

This all makes so much more sense now! £8-15 isn't an investment, it barely warrants as much research as picking the first goalscorer! Fine for learning though mind.

This is the danger with forums and something to be aware of. You do you, by all means, but some people are looking at what to do with their pensions and their child's futures. Stamping DYOR at the end doesn't stop people getting sucked in and this is how you get to that momunmentally depressing (and educational) thread elsewhere where people lost everything on a penny stock (can't remember the name of the ticker).

Would you still choose the above stocks if you had to invest your annual salary?

Associate
BP and Shell Rocketing again this morning after last nights little rally. I put 10k over them both and Glaxo end of November. Nice little profit today, Prob going to hold over the year though and see where they end up. All 3 are semi decent dividends as well so that helps :)

Soldato
This all makes so much more sense now! £8-15 isn't an investment, it barely warrants as much research as picking the first goalscorer! Fine for learning though mind.

This is the danger with forums and something to be aware of. You do you, by all means, but some people are looking at what to do with their pensions and their child's futures. Stamping DYOR at the end doesn't stop people getting sucked in and this is how you get to that momunmentally depressing (and educational) thread elsewhere where people lost everything on a penny stock (can't remember the name of the ticker).

Would you still choose the above stocks if you had to invest your annual salary?

I thought my holdings were small! I only have a few things in 212 but they are of the order of £500 - £1k each, as I'm pretty new to trading individual shares so didn't want to overcommit. Have a fair bit more in an S&S HL ISA that's in some more reliable funds and then a smaller chunk in Crypto for the high risk/reward.

But even there I can see with my meagre 212 holdings it would be a lot of effort for not that much reward - making £50 - £100 on a 10% rise is better than nothing but I'm not going to retire on it :D

Soldato
Anyone looking at Rolls Royce stock? They're 107p at the moment and have obviously taken an absolute kicking in the last 10 months but optimism from the vaccine might drive them them up. There's rumours they may fall even further due to our further lockdown and American Covid cases rising, but as a medium to long term prospect - they look quite appealing?

Soldato

That's hardly his fault though, if idiots see him buying some shares and lump on without doing any research themselves.

He's sharing his comments on his trades and that's exactly what this thread is for., it makes for interesting reading and is a change from the big companies that we all know about. It doesn't matter if he's invested for £10 or £10000 as his financial situation has no bearing on anyone else. He could be a billionaire pumping £100k into those shares and it'd be of little consequence to him if it went to nothing.

Soldato
That's hardly his fault though, if idiots see him buying some shares and lump on without doing any research themselves.

He's sharing his comments on his trades and that's exactly what this thread is for., it makes for interesting reading and is a change from the big companies that we all know about. It doesn't matter if he's invested for £10 or £10000 as his financial situation has no bearing on anyone else. He could be a billionaire pumping £100k into those shares and it'd be of little consequence to him if it went to nothing.

I didn't say it was his fault. But it's still a responsibility. You can't ignore the reality of the fact that even by mentioning a ticker - and by saying you hold it is in many ways saying you recommend it - could lead someone to make a poor decision. Whether we like it or not, peer recommendations are incredibly powerful - just look at any penny stocks forum. Hell people even pay to receive stock tips and recommendations which are nothing more than one person's opinion.

If you think a billionaire wouldn't care about losing £100k then I don't think you understand how they became a billionaire. Many of the world's richest persons are infamously frugle. Anyway the point isn't the amount - £500, £10k or £100k - the point is that £8 is literally nothing. You may as well be playing with the free money account and everyone should know how differently you act and behave there vs real money.

Caporegime
Agree 100%. The amount involved has a huge impact on the decisions you make and stock you pick.

That is of course ignore how risky/risk adverse an individual is.

Soldato
Anyone looking at Rolls Royce stock? They're 107p at the moment and have obviously taken an absolute kicking in the last 10 months but optimism from the vaccine might drive them them up. There's rumours they may fall even further due to our further lockdown and American Covid cases rising, but as a medium to long term prospect - they look quite appealing?

It's been discussed in the thread various times, I think the consensus is that if they survive then it seems reasonable that RR will recover once the virus is behind us - though medium to long is right as it could be a good 5 years depending on how things go. I've got some which is already up on where I bought it, but planning to hold onto it for a few years and see what it does

Soldato
I didn't say it was his fault. But it's still a responsibility. You can't ignore the reality of the fact that even by mentioning a ticker - and by saying you hold it is in many ways saying you recommend it - could lead someone to make a poor decision. Whether we like it or not, peer recommendations are incredibly powerful - just look at any penny stocks forum. Hell people even pay to receive stock tips and recommendations which are nothing more than one person's opinion.

If you think a billionaire wouldn't care about losing £100k then I don't think you understand how they became a billionaire. Many of the world's richest persons are infamously frugle. Anyway the point isn't the amount - £500, £10k or £100k - the point is that £8 is literally nothing. You may as well be playing with the free money account and everyone should know how differently you act and behave there vs real money.

I get that people pay for tips and of course on that basis you have a responsibility to be more thorough, just like i can't really give financial advice to friends without heavy caveats because of being an accountant i can still be liable for their actions if they act upon my advice, even if only on a friendly basis.

I treat this thread the same as i treat the "Images of Items I've Purchased" though, everyone has their own risk profiles and opinions. But i don't take things in here as advice, it's just a discussion and it's 100% the responsibility of the individual if they do/don't buy something off the back of a post. Sometimes people need to learn the hard way on that (and i'm certainly guilty of it - hello Quindell), however i wouldn't blame anyone else who posted about it.

EDIT - I'm not saying people don't take posts as recommendations. I'm more saying they shouldn't and by telling people to do their own research should be sufficient. I wouldn't want people to be scared of posting their investments whatever the size because they're worried someone might act on it and assign blame if it goes wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom