Google Pixel 5

Associate
Same **** different day isn't it?

May you'd be better off with an iPad and a 3310?

You really do seem to have a problem with anyone criticising pixels. Fact is, they're just ****. Simple as. Sorry, not sorry. 3 pixel 2's now and this one is just clearly riddled with minor but very irritating bugs.

Don't worry though, I will no doubt get rid soon and when I do I won't be back. So you can all carry on your pixel lovefest without people giving you unwelcome doses of reality.

Soldato
You really do seem to have a problem with anyone criticising pixels. Fact is, they're just ****. Simple as. Sorry, not sorry. 3 pixel 2's now and this one is just clearly riddled with minor but very irritating bugs.

Don't worry though, I will no doubt get rid soon and when I do I won't be back. So you can all carry on your pixel lovefest without people giving you unwelcome doses of reality.
I had issues with my 2xl and 3xl. My 5 is perfect.

Soldato

Sorry if it comes across that way, it's just that I only really follow Pixels as that's what I own.

It just gets quite boring when you always happen to be the person who has the most common issue with the phone. There are loads of brilliant phones on the market but it seems impossible for you to be happy.

I wouldn't call it a love fest, everyone who seems happy with their P5 (most people in this thread I'd have said?) knows that there are compromises (video) but this isn't a £1200 phone, it's half that.

Associate
I love how salty everyone gets on here that someone else has trouble with their very expensive new purchase, and how dare they report on it on here. Laughable.

Do you lot think that I WANT to dislike the phone? Here’s a hint, NO. I wouldn’t have bought it if I wanted to dislike it.

The default answer always seems to be get an iphone as well.

It’s not impossible for me to be happy, FFS, I just want a phone that works! I just don’t seem to get very lucky at actually finding one.

I don’t even expect perfection, the Pixel range has cured me of that at least, but I do have a line.

Anyway, I’ve spent the last hour factory resetting it and setting up from fresh. Lets see if that helps.

If it doesn’t I won’t bother reporting back since nobody wants to hear any criticism of their beloved Pixel.

Soldato
I can get behind one of your comments fishlicker. My P5 seems to suffer stuttering when scrolling through the likes of Reddit or similar.
I don't tend to use auto brightness though so can't comment on that.

Soldato
I love how salty everyone gets on here that someone else has trouble with their very expensive new purchase, and how dare they report on it on here. Laughable.

Do you lot think that I WANT to dislike the phone? Here’s a hint, NO. I wouldn’t have bought it if I wanted to dislike it.

The default answer always seems to be get an iphone as well.

It’s not impossible for me to be happy, FFS, I just want a phone that works! I just don’t seem to get very lucky at actually finding one.

I don’t even expect perfection, the Pixel range has cured me of that at least, but I do have a line.

Anyway, I’ve spent the last hour factory resetting it and setting up from fresh. Lets see if that helps.

If it doesn’t I won’t bother reporting back since nobody wants to hear any criticism of their beloved Pixel.

No one is salty. You just bitch and moan and have issues with phones that others don't. Most of your complaints seem like 'you issues'

Associate
No one is salty. You just bitch and moan and have issues with phones that others don't. Most of your complaints seem like 'you issues'

I just bitch and moan about what?

Issues that actually exist? How dare I moan about that, after all, the device was only £500 not £1000. How very dare I.

I’d quite like you to explain how

1. Autobrightness not working properly
2. AOD not working properly
3. FPS not working properly

Is a “me” issue. Oh superior one, you tell me how I can rectify these issues since it’s clearly my fault.

You people are absolutely PATHETIC! :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
@FishLicker my comment was slightly tongue in cheek. Calm down. But you do seem to have far more issues than anyone else.

When you reset it did you restore from a backup?

Soldato
I just bitch and moan about what?

Issues that actually exist? How dare I moan about that, after all, the device was only £500 not £1000. How very dare I.

I’d quite like you to explain how

1. Autobrightness not working properly
2. AOD not working properly
3. FPS not working properly

Is a “me” issue. Oh superior one, you tell me how I can rectify these issues since it’s clearly my fault.

You people are absolutely PATHETIC! :D

Told you before. Return it. Get it swapped.

You clearly have a faulty device. Presuming you have done a factory reset and NOT done a restore I would get a Google swap.

Soldato

If you're going to use such hyperbole then people aren't going to take you seriously. For example, pixels are ****? There's plenty of reviews out there that would disagree and yes, they're not perfect like every other device out there. There's plenty of criticism that's valid of the Pixel line such as value for money in regards to raw specs:price as one example, but there's also plenty of benefits. It all depends on what people value more.

Secondly I can't fathom how you can possibly believe the Pixel 2XL screen is better than that in the Pixel 5? The P-OLED screen in the Pixel 2XL was lambasted for being very poor, every display in the Pixel since the Pixel 3 has received very good reviews (including A+ ratings from DisplayMate). Basically your experience doesn't mirror the wider experience other people have.

You're either extremely unlucky or you're actively looking for issues. The latter is your choice of course but you're never going to be happy if you go looking for problems. For example, I've noticed on my Galaxy Fold 2 that there's a jelly scroll effect on dark backgrounds if I reduce the screen brightness to and below a certain level, but it's not a level of brightness I use very often unless in a very dark room.

P.s I don't own a Pixel at the moment.

Associate
If you're going to use such hyperbole then people aren't going to take you seriously. For example, pixels are ****? There's plenty of reviews out there that would disagree and yes, they're not perfect like every other device out there. There's plenty of criticism that's valid of the Pixel line such as value for money in regards to raw specs:price as one example, but there's also plenty of benefits. It all depends on what people value more.

Secondly I can't fathom how you can possibly believe the Pixel 2XL screen is better than that in the Pixel 5? The P-OLED screen in the Pixel 2XL was lambasted for being very poor, every display in the Pixel since the Pixel 3 has received very good reviews (including A+ ratings from DisplayMate). Basically your experience doesn't mirror the wider experience other people have.

You're either extremely unlucky or you're actively looking for issues. The latter is your choice of course but you're never going to be happy if you go looking for problems. For example, I've noticed on my Galaxy Fold 2 that there's a jelly scroll effect on dark backgrounds if I reduce the screen brightness to and below a certain level, but it's not a level of brightness I use very often unless in a very dark room.

P.s I don't own a Pixel at the moment.

Tbh, I wasn't going to bother coming back to this thread. You claim I'm being hyperbolic, however literally every time I report a problem with a phone on here, everyone piles in and says I'm the problem. I've worked in tech for longer than some people on here have been alive. I'm not a mug. I can absolutely guarantee the problems have nothing to do with what I'm doing, end of. Do you blame me for getting ****** off with these sorts of posts.

As for the screen. It seems to be a popular opinion that the 2XL screen is rubbish, but honestly, it wasn't that bad I didn't think. The colours are a bit off, true, the brightness isn't good and it does suffer with a little grain, which when you read it, makes it sound crap, but in terms of just using it, especially indoors where I've spent 99.9% of the last 9 months, it's absolutely fine. I've never had anyone look at it and say the screen is crap. My Mrs has a galaxy s9+ and I asked her, does my screen look crap, and according to her, it doesn't, and it didn't to me.

That said, I do feel like the screen has improved on the 5. It has a very yellow tint to it before that has seemingly gone. I remember from early smartphone days that brand new screens can often be a bit like that at first. Problem solved there. There's no denying it's brighter and more colour accurate. I did have a problem with micro stutters but I found a post where it suggested locking the display to 90hz in developer options and that seems to have fixed that. The auto brightness is better than it was after the update but it's still fairly poor, quite often lowering the brightness to 20% or so for no apparent reason. The problem seems more prevalent in darker conditions.

I wasn't looking for issues, they were looking for me. Anyway, I've factory reset the phone and done a clean install not from a backup and it's been better.

Anyway that was all I had to say, I won't bother posting again since it clearly upsets people on here so farewell. I won't waste my breath/time in future.

I've learned a long time ago that isn't possible, and I've had a lot of premium phones - every single one has had issues of some sort.

Yes you're not wrong, I don't expect perfection, just the basics to work. Not too much to ask really is it?

Back
Top Bottom