• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS price increase

Soldato
I have no issues with any company charging the maximum they can for a product. Up to us as the customers to not buy them, but people will. It's why graphics cards are the silly price they are.

Associate
Asus tax just went up you mean lol it must be all the cards they fail to deliver, or they have seen how much you can get for them when there is a shortage and want part of that profit too :D

Permabanned
They're already overpriced for GPUs as it is,

Another manufacturer on my ignore list then.

The 3080 TUF was at £649 MSRP at launch, while the OC was £50 more. The following day I paid £719 for the OC. The TUF is the best 2x8 pin 3080 so far, arguably the best 3080 all things considered.

Associate
The 3080 TUF was at £649 MSRP at launch, while the OC was £50 more. The following day I paid £719 for the OC. The TUF is the best 2x8 pin 3080 so far, arguably the best 3080 all things considered.

was the best....

You forget the 3080 TUF was never made available to the public as the standard variant that was sent to reviewers.
So 649£ was a pipe dream.

Instead it was replaced by the OC version at 699£ which is above the MRSP of the FE. This further price hack is a bloody joke, bye bye ASUS.
Scratch another useless manufacturer off the list.

Soldato
This is bad news. Asus make some of the best motherboards and also are the only one that makes a mainstream motherboard (Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Plus) that has 8 x SATA ports. The gpu's are already overpriced though.

Caporegime
Simple solution, don't buy but alas the majority of people are weak minded and have no principles hence why we are where we are now with the pc industry :o

Ultimately people can't blame asus or any manufacturer who are doing this, only got the consumers to blame!

Associate
I can only imagine manufacturers have had a look at all the price gouging from retailers, and thought " why aren't we getting a share of this?"

Back
Top Bottom