Driving Games - AI and Multiplayer

Associate
Hi all,

Does anybody know of any driving games where we can host a race that has human racers and we can add some AI. I picked up a cheap G25 for my other PC, and want to let my kids race against easy AI together.

Back in the day, I remember the original Live for Speed would allow you to do it but that was in around 2005. I'm hoping that maybe there's something a little more modern.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions all.

My two kids loved this when they are 5 and 7 played it quite a lot plus I could join in too.

Thanks. With Wreckfest, are you able to create servers just for the kids and the AI so you don't get random people off the internet joining in?

I've found Live for Speed S2 works really well this week. I already had an S2 license, and installed the demo version on the other PC. I also installed the demo version on another PC I have in the house. Each PC is allowed to add three drivers to an online race, AI or human, so I can setup races with 9 drivers. What's also cool is I can rename the AI to be our family and friends so they complain about Grandad ramming them off the road now.

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions all.

Thanks. With Wreckfest, are you able to create servers just for the kids and the AI so you don't get random people off the internet joining in?

You can have multiplayer where you race other people which is actually quite fun but the single player is immense too.

You can also create your own and fill with bots or have 1 v 1 demolition derby's or 1 v 1 v 1 as in our case. Although not played it for ages so might have new features and modes now.
Kids love to smash up cars.

Associate
OP
You can have multiplayer where you race other people which is actually quite fun but the single player is immense too.

You can also create your own and fill with bots or have 1 v 1 demolition derby's or 1 v 1 v 1 as in our case. Although not played it for ages so might have new features and modes now.
Kids love to smash up cars.

Thanks varkanoid. Is the basic version enough for that fun, as I see like most games, you have DLC packs that I see people complaining about needing to be competitive online? We don't need that, it'll just be us.

Soldato
I dont have any DLC and its fine. It just stops you playing on certain servers if they have a DLC that it needs but as you are not doing that anyway doesnt matter. Still plenty of MP servers you can use that dont need DLC.

It uses (or did use) Steam Workshop anyway so there are 100's of free add ons and mods if you want to delve into them.

Soldato
Project Cars 2 allows you to fill multiplayer races with bots, and multiplayer is set up very easily - but the driving itself is quite 'simmy' so might be challenging for kids.

Wreckfest is much easier to drive - and you can set up your own server and add bots to fill it up on this game too. But (and it's terrible design in this day and age that it's required on a game) you have to jump through some hoops to be able to host a server - setting up port forwarding on your router.

Soldato
True about the port forwarding on the router to allow others to see your Wreckfest session. Annoying it's necessary, but once it's done, it's done.

You can password protect your game so only your friends can join (that's how I do it during the LAN events I used to run before Covid paused that kind of thing).

Soldato
I'm sure one of the GRID games I was able to have multiplayer races and still have AI cars too. Maybe GRID: Autosport? But... when I say 'sure', I'm not that sure.

I can tell you for certain that you can't do this with Asseto Corsa, which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom