Doctor Who

SPG

SPG

Soldato
We need a mean, moody, miserable DR that is not liked and would quite happily shoot Hitler for fun and be done with the consequences.

Vinnie Jones for the new Dr Who.

Man of Honour
We need a mean, moody, miserable DR that is not liked and would quite happily shoot Hitler for fun and be done with the consequences.

I like it. But he's too masculine for Dr Who. It needs to be an aggressive Karen.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I could get behind Vinnie Jones as Doctor Who. I want to see him nut a Dalek.

That is a instant 20 million viewers for sure.

He could also give John Bishop a good kick in (like most people want to do) and leave him on some dank moon to die from acid rain.

Last edited:
Soldato
The interesting question is who (which demographic) they get to play The Doctor next? Considering that viewers and ratings have collapsed with the first female lead (whether or not that's anything to do with her being a female).

1) Kill the show now and revive it in the future - They can't do this because a number of people would say a woman driver crashed the car and shout "get woke, go broke".
1) Revert back to a traditional white male - They can't do this. It would be admitting defeat and pandering to the few people who did genuinely stop watching due to the gender change.
2) Another woman - They can't do this because they would still have a woman playing the role when it's inevitably cancelled after a season of the next Doctor.
4) Get a black/asian male actor to play the part - This would continue the diversity theme and if the series still fails then no single demographic could be pointed at.

I think option 4 is the only route they can go now.

But regardless, it's the writing which need to change. That's the real cause of the problem.

EDIT: Also kill off the Daleks for good please.
I agree with every point here, Hades (esp the Daleks). I will eagerly await the news of the 14th Doctor being a black, male, visually impaired, dwarf, who primarily identifies as Asian but has multiple personalities (covering all spectrums, naturally).

Soldato
The interesting question is who (which demographic) they get to play The Doctor next? Considering that viewers and ratings have collapsed with the first female lead (whether or not that's anything to do with her being a female).

1) Kill the show now and revive it in the future - They can't do this because a number of people would say a woman driver crashed the car and shout "get woke, go broke".
1) Revert back to a traditional white male - They can't do this. It would be admitting defeat and pandering to the few people who did genuinely stop watching due to the gender change.
2) Another woman - They can't do this because they would still have a woman playing the role when it's inevitably cancelled after a season of the next Doctor.
4) Get a black/asian male actor to play the part - This would continue the diversity theme and if the series still fails then no single demographic could be pointed at.

I think option 4 is the only route they can go now.

But regardless, it's the writing which need to change. That's the real cause of the problem.

EDIT: Also kill off the Daleks for good please.
They should rename it as Mr Who that will sort that out once and for all.

XPE

XPE

Soldato

Now I didn't think anything would make me want Chibnall to stay on but him writing scripts when the Doctor is played by Vinnie Jones would be something to watch :p

Soldato
Is the consensus the new doctor who episode is a complete disaster? 10min in i Switched it all off and cursed. Didn’t bring myself to watch it until today. And I had to watch it over my cooking time other wise if my full attention was on it, I will end up switching it off again.

And the writer Chris Chibnall is really out of his depth?

There hasn’t been compelling story telling since Matt Smith’s doctor. peter capaldi’s doctor has been a slow death tbh. Joe Whittaker’s doctor has killed it really.

it is so bad they have to bring back John Barrowman to inject freshness into the latest episode and season I presume. It is just not good is it!

Soldato
I don’t think Whittaker is the problem. She is just an actor being asked to act out a script. The issue must be the writing.

Since Moffat left the show to do whatever else he was chalking up to do, the story and characters have not been the same. They lack substance and always full of self-doubt and some what lazy as well.

Maybe it is a reflection of the understudy to Moffat

Caporegime
Haven't watched it for a few years and haven't enjoyed it since the Matt Smith days either but I also remember Season 24 and Paradise Towers, that was Doctor Who at rock bottom.

I preferred new Who before Moffat took over the reigns and feel it went downhill fast while he was in control.

Soldato
Haven't watched it for a few years and haven't enjoyed it since the Matt Smith days either but I also remember Season 24 and Paradise Towers, that was Doctor Who at rock bottom.

I preferred new Who before Moffat took over the reigns and feel it went downhill fast while he was in control.

Agreed. Moffat began the decline, and it has only gotten worse since then.

Back
Top Bottom