would a sand and cement mixer fit into my golf?

Caporegime
*The one with the properly curved boot, before they decided to save money and flatten it. IIRC that curve made a huge difference in exactly what could be squeezed in.
I believe that was a 3dr vs 5dr thing. :)

I remember Dad having a 5dr one as a courtesy car years ago and it had the curvy tailgate. Different tail lights also.

Almost all the surviving ones seem to be 3dr models.

Commissario
@Werewolf No way am I hand mixing, it's back breaking work!

The GF asked me a question this evening that I'd never heard before and was unable to answer:

"Why are they always orange?"

:)

Aye re the hand mixing, hence the old man always having a mini mixer, I think he bought the first one when they were building his garage and he was helping to keep the costs down, iirc he and the brickie worked out that buying one would save days if not a week or more vs hand mixing (just being able to get it started whilst doing something else), and it was cheaper to buy than rent for the duration*.

By some coincidence when the foundations for it were being dug out**, one of the neighbours was doing a job for a construction firm nearby, and somehow the neighbour ended up with some bottles of booze after a minidigger with his companies' logo turned up on weekend for a few hours ;)

We've got a little mixing pad thing (I say little, it's about a 4 foot fibreglass thing) that has been used for small amounts of cement in the past, but mainly to catch any that misses the barrow when the mixer is emptied.

I think the reason the corsas are always orange is they had a poor quality red paint that faded very quickly (I'm sure our one was starting to go pink/orange after just 3 years when it went back).

I believe that was a 3dr vs 5dr thing. :)

I remember Dad having a 5dr one as a courtesy car years ago and it had the curvy tailgate. Different tail lights also.

Almost all the surviving ones seem to be 3dr models.
I'm sure it was common across the 3 and 5 door originals, IIRC the story I heard was they changed it from the first revamp/update after a few years because the cost of making the curvy back was too high for the price point and insurance was going up on them because even just a broken boot window was much more expensive than for similar size cars due to the complex shape.

*Which is part of the reason my father, and now I, have a lot of tools that rarely get used - we'd rather buy it for a use, and have it sat ready for the next time than struggle without, or pay a good portion of the purchase price on a rental.

**Due to the location the foundations were something like 3 or 4 foot deep in places.

Back
Top Bottom