Amber light (DRAM issue) with TEAM GROUP XTREEM " EDITION" 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 PC4-32000C18 4000MHZ QU

Associate
Hello,

I am having some trouble with my first build where the computer powers on, but it won't go past the 'Press F2 or Del to enter Bios' - It stays on this screen and won't do anything.

Both The green and amber lights are on the motherboard indicating issues for booting and DRAM.

My build is:
Asus rog strix x570F
AMD 5900x
RAM TEAM GROUP XTREEM " EDITION" 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 PC4-32000C18 4000MHZ QUAD CHANNEL KIT - BLACK
2TB Sabrent PCIE 4 M.2
ASUS TUF 3080
Corsair RM750i psu

I removed all USB devices except keyboard and mouse, removed the M.2 to see if I could get into bios but nothing. Loaded the bios flashback into a USB, but this would not load (I pressed and held for 3 seconds on a USB 3 stick and USB 2 but no light comes on and nothing happens. The file also renamed correctly when extracting the files before putting on usb.) Also tried just 2 sticks of RAM in slots 2 and 4 and some older RAM from my previous build, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz (which is compatible).

I have now tried 1 stick of RAM in each slot. The Amber light (DRAM) stays on every time, the green (booting) only shows when a stick is in slot 2 or 4. When a stick is in slot 1 or 3 the monitor won't even go to the 'press f2 or del to enter bios'

I don't necessarily have all the cables connected to the motherboard, but I 100% have the 12pin ATX and the CPU at the top. Some front panel/speaker cables are not plugged in because i am using usb dac to speakers and getting a new case in a few weeks.

Any help in confirming if this is a RAM or motherboard issue would be greatly appreciated and any next steps welcome.

Kind regards,
CJ

Associate
OP
After several more hours of trial and error it turns out my build was fine. My problem was with the bios flashback - I kept turning the PC on before trying to press and hold the button and it would never work. You need to have power connected to your PC (wall socket and psu on), but the PC must remain OFF for the bios update to start. My only issue now is RAM keeps reverting to 2400mhz instead of 4000mhz even with DOCS setting on. I'll look into this tomorrow and check the CPU setup as CPUz shows the processor dropping as low as 1.7ghz at times which seems low. Not tested under load if it's going to the 4.9 yet. I'll leave this here as hopefully it can help someone else with the bios flashback issue.

CJ

Soldato
Most motherboards are crap with the XMP/DOCS, and dont work correctly, i would just dial the settings in manually ;)
its what i did, with mine :) just remember to set the ram voltage first then save settings then go in a do the settings manually ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks ViRus2k. I managed a short-term improvement where it loaded at 3600mhz but at the 18 timings so not great. I'll try and manually enter as 4k is meant to be the sweet spot.

CJ

Soldato
Thanks ViRus2k. I managed a short-term improvement where it loaded at 3600mhz but at the 18 timings so not great. I'll try and manually enter as 4k is meant to be the sweet spot.

CJ

4000mhz is not actually that sweet, i thought this when i first got my 4000mhz 18c stuff then after tweaking im much much faster than my XMP and this is with a 3866mhz and being with ryzen also gives you the better chance of hitting the 1/1 ratio ryzens infinity fabric. 1933mhz and my timings are gear down enabled with 15/15/17/15/T1 timings then after that i tested with memtest86 in dos. and finally i then got to work in the secondary timings and telemetry timings.
just make sure your running your SOC voltage higher to hit that infinity fabric if needed and bump your ram voltage to at least 1.43v and remember voltage can go higher than that on memory as the sticks are B-Die samsung i for the timings i just said above run 1.45v and there completely stable in windows and memtest.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom