• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Eh? There still clearing back orders of pretty much every SKU and doing a bit of substitution on 3070s for OC models where they can. Hardly sitting on a massive cache of 3080s are they?

You also can’t count any profit until the product has shipped. Having a metric ton of unfulfilled orders benefits literally no one.

What would actually help is if AIBs stopped launching new SKUs of the same card and EOL most of the ones they have to streamline the production, logistics and buying process. Two SKUs (e.g. one lower and one upper cost like TUF and STRIX) is more than enough to get product out there.

They said a few weeks back that they were building up stock to sell after christmas period, last i read in one of the threads it was around 1000 or so cards knocking around, different makes and models, i cant find the post as there's so much talk about stock levels in most threads and it was in a random thread it was mentioned.

Soldato
It’s Ryzen CPUs which is why you can’t find it here. It also makes sense to ship out all your back orders in the warehouse, especially on a product like that before you swamp them again with thousands more.

If anything on Ryzen, the price will hopefully start dropping as other retails are also getting stock at volume and the launch craziness dies down. That said I bet the new 3 month lockdown will put a stop to that...

Caporegime
It’s Ryzen CPUs which is why you can’t find it here. It also makes sense to ship out all your back orders in the warehouse, especially on a product like that before you swamp them again with thousands more.

Gpus as well, the ryzen cpus were already listed last I seen in the stock thread.

Caporegime
Between last night and today i could have had:

3070 gigabyte vision
3070 asus tuf
3070 inno 3d ichill x3
3070 gigabyte aorus master
3070 msi Suprim

Out of all those was closest to snagging the suprim, looks to be really well made but the price was £600 so 6800xt territory which put me off. Just about every card there was listed at £600+.

A random 6800xt sapphire nitro showed up as well for about £800...didn't last long either.

Soldato
Between last night and today i could have had:

3070 gigabyte vision
3070 asus tuf
3070 inno 3d ichill x3
3070 gigabyte aorus master
3070 msi Suprim

Out of all those was closest to snagging the suprim, looks to be really well made but the price was £600 so 6800xt territory which put me off. Just about every card there was listed at £600+.

A random 6800xt sapphire nitro showed up as well for about £800...didn't last long either.

Yeah had a fair few chances myself but opted not to get one due to persons stating on here that 8Gb VRam won't be enough anymore.

Soldato
I've just had Discord open this afternoon whilst doing bits & bobs... There has been a lot of 3070/3090 drops today with a few 3080 and 6900XT drops in between.
Each time the stock was there for 10 mins or so, the 6900XTs stayed in stock for over 20 mins.

Some of the prices were higher than expected (still less than OCUK though) but others were pretty close to RRP. I could have easily grabbed a few of each of the cards. It's not hard to get a card, you just need to have one of the alerts setup and be near your PC. You can be getting on with other things and just have Discord in the background

Soldato
I've just had Discord open this afternoon whilst doing bits & bobs... There has been a lot of 3070/3090 drops today with a few 3080 and 6900XT drops in between.
Each time the stock was there for 10 mins or so, the 6900XTs stayed in stock for over 20 mins.

Some of the prices were higher than expected (still less than OCUK though) but others were pretty close to RRP. I could have easily grabbed a few of each of the cards. It's not hard to get a card, you just need to have one of the alerts setup and be near your PC. You can be getting on with other things and just have Discord in the background
Wow really? Been on work meetings practically all Day:(

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not sure now is even a good time to manage to buy something considering we have an announcement only next week and rumours of a 3080ti floating about.

Oh come on.. I thought it was mid to late Feb this would be floating about? That's another 6 weeks or more.

If you can snag one then yeah, great job. But FE stock will be gone in a blink of the eye and the AIB ones will be over a grand so hardly like a bargain.

Associate
Soldato
An interesting article comparing the 2080ti against the 3090. https://wccftech.com/review/palit-rtx-3090-vs-rtx-2080ti-ampere-vs-turing-flagship/

Easy 50% performance gain and more in 1 percentile. I came from a 5700XT so massive upgrade for me you might not think so. Up to you. :D

If you rag the 2080Ti then the difference isnt a huge one, even with the 3090 OC'd also. 30-40% difference mostly at 4k.

Im guessing the difference with RTX and DLSS to be more substantial however. Still does pretty well though. I'm waiting for next gen though which should be a real big jump.

Soldato
I can see a PNY 3080 in stock still even now, been in stock for over an hour & a half.
It's £900 though so I can see why it's not selling fast... It's really poor that stores are scalping as badly as the eBay scalpers

Back
Top Bottom