Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Associate
I don't think Modern Warfare had been updated, I believe Warzone got a 120fps update but never heard of MW getting an update. The Cod games have been split and now have separate icons.

Caporegime
OP
would you be able to check? On the verge of buying COD for Xbox, dithering over double dipping for MW or getting Cold War...given players will probably move away from MW.

I don’t think people will move away from MW any time soon TBH, you’ll be fine. But maybe you’re right, it was Warzone that got updated and maybe that’s why the X/S badge got removed as its Warzone only so to avoid confusion they took it off.

But what I can tell you though is that performance is a lot better in Series X for MW, I played on a one x before hand and having some games on shipment it was like a new game! Felt like it held 60FPS all the time and really felt like I had an advantage due to no slowdown when it got really hectic

Soldato
I'm so OP on PC

If I use my mouse and keyboard it puts me in lobbies with mostly pc players. So I managed to keep the controller connected and still use my mouse and keyboard while getting into lobbies with just console gamers. My kill to death ratio is now 7:1 :D

I haz 4090!
Don
I'm so OP on PC

If I use my mouse and keyboard it puts me in lobbies with mostly pc players. So I managed to keep the controller connected and still use my mouse and keyboard while getting into lobbies with just console gamers. My kill to death ratio is now 7:1 :D

That sounds like it would be entertaining for all of five minutes. Why not disconnect your controller and play against PC players?

Soldato
I kinda need to eat my words, and admit, I'm really enjoying the game now. I've not changed my opinion on SBMM, however, I found my a playstyle that I like with guns I like and games are now actually fun.

I'm usually a fairly aggressive player, but found success with turning the aggro up beyond max and just not holding back at all. Got my diamond camos for the SMGs over the weekend. What I love about camo grinding, is that you really get to know specific guns and their strength / weaknesses, and you can find guns that you'd normally overlook. Take for example the KSP 45. At first I thought it was awful, but it's now easily my second favourite of the SMGs behind the bullfrog.

My biggest gripe now though, is that I get multiple game freeze crashes a day now, when I didn't in the beginning.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm so OP on PC

You can see who's using what by the icon next to their name in the lobby. I've found that there are some incredible controller players out there, I'm using the Razer Turret in xbox only games and it's been far from the advantage I thought it would be, the controller auto aim really helps I think. I personally wish they'd add the ability to select lobbies by input method as well as platform.

The game is definitely improving all the time, Mouse 4 now works, I crash far less in lobbies and Crossroads isn't locking up the game any more, performance is usually good too, for me it's the classic silenced SMG spray lord with a terrible connection that makes me scream rather than the game itself.

Soldato
I get it everywhere, apart from the menus that is.
There’s no latter to it. I want to say it’s when I’m on fire... certainly feels like it. The crap thing is that it also then does not record any of the longshot/ point blank / etc challenges you had during that match.

Caporegime
I was getting a lot of crashes in Zombies over the weekend, only when I was host though .... also constant disconnects Saturday morning. Been OK since so I would assume the servers were on the brink of falling over.

Soldato
I'm so OP on PC

Gamertag?

Soldato
Got the M16 gold, now onto the AUG, really liking the burst fire weapons, just not very good up close with them. Made Level 158 Prestige 5 last night, I really need to read a book or do something else as this game is eating me alive.

Associate
Does anyone know of somewhere to report issues for this game? Treyarch and some of the main devs are active on twitter but it doesn't seem like the right place.

I get annoying crashes on Xbox one whenever I use either of the ammo crates crossroads strike on, which is a shame because it's one of the best maps. It's quite infuriating and I hoped it would be fixed by now (it came with season 1 early December) but it's beginning to feel like I'm the only person in the entire world getting it.

Soldato
Is Warzone a large scale multiplayer? I never understood it. Does each cod have its own warzone?
It's a standalone Battle Royale game using the MW game engine.

And its so much better than normal multiplayer, if you have friends to play with.

Guns have recoil, requires gun skill*, good comms, tactics etc.

*Well, it will do once the dmr has been 'balanced' :D

I use to play cod a lot, back in the MW, black ops, MW2, black ops 2 days but I won't spend money it now. All I've paid for in warzone is about £3 for the battlepass which will let me get it with free CP every time now.

Soldato
Does anyone know of somewhere to report issues for this game? Treyarch and some of the main devs are active on twitter but it doesn't seem like the right place.

I get annoying crashes on Xbox one whenever I use either of the ammo crates crossroads strike on, which is a shame because it's one of the best maps. It's quite infuriating and I hoped it would be fixed by now (it came with season 1 early December) but it's beginning to feel like I'm the only person in the entire world getting it.

It's the only map that crashes for me, series x.

Soldato

I had multiple in a day, easily 5 or so. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the lot of it, and it only happens on occasion now. After you guys pointed it out, it does seem more pervasive on crossroads. My daughter's game on her series S crashed there too over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom