What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
50*cough*something

I've really got into survival games lately. Subnautica, Minecraft, and a freebie from the Epic store called Stranded Deep

I've got Star Wars Squadrons for a quick blast fix, i tried Fenyx Rising but just couldn't get into it, i think the whole stamina bar thing put me right off it.

Associate
Wargasm like Terranova Alpha Centauri, such ambitious games for the time and overlooked by the masses. The juggernaut of Doom, Quake stole the show for FPS.

Did you ever try Operation Flashpoint (2001 version by Codemasters) or Arma 2 or 3? :) If you are after the ultimate soldier/plane/armour sim, defintely recommend! Arma and OpFlash are both awesome. The games have quirks, but watch a couple of YouTube video's on how to use the Editor - Its reminiscent to playing toy soldiers as a kid; you create your own battles! One of my most ambitious missions, was to capture the 'Firefox' by infiltrating an airbase and stealing a jet stashed in one of the hangers. Even I made it too tough, so I had to use artistic licence so Clint gets a tank. All good fun especially when the AI goes rogue. :D

Yes! I forgot about Operation Flashpoint! I do also have Arma3 too (and have had the prequels). Did you ever play a game called Söldner? This was also pretty good and the first of its kind! I believe it set the benchmark for what later became KOTH for Arma3, whereby you buy weapons or vehicles with money upon completing goals and had to secure checkpoints. It released all the way back in 2004, long before even Arma2.

Soldato
36 and spending my time between Grandia HD and Yakuza Zero.

Grandia is such a charming bundle of nostalgia, one of the best JRPG's of the PS1 era but often overlooked in favour of the likes of the Final Fantasy games. I'm hoping we get more ports of the generation, I'd love to have the Suikoden, Star Ocean, Wild Arms, and other such titles on the PC.

Soldato
I'm in my 40s and after a ~15 year break from PC gaming, I'm now back with a 5600X-3060TiFE-1440UW. Only really played Doom 2016 so far and loving it. Pretty solid 144fps and great single player gameplay.

Associate
38 - Just started Ghost Recon Wildlands for the 1st time. £7 from Epic store and I've fancied a go on it for a while. Daft really as I've got 200 other games that I've bought previously that I could play for free, but that would be crazy right? :D

Associate
41 - Just finished Resident evil 2 remake but starting to feel I am getting too old for these sorts of games as found it quite stressful! Love this genre and have saints and sinners in VR which I am building myself upto.

Associate
Yes! I forgot about Operation Flashpoint! I do also have Arma3 too (and have had the prequels). Did you ever play a game called Söldner? This was also pretty good and the first of its kind! I believe it set the benchmark for what later became KOTH for Arma3, whereby you buy weapons or vehicles with money upon completing goals and had to secure checkpoints. It released all the way back in 2004, long before even Arma2.

I missed this game! I looked on Steam and GOG and no show, looks like there is a dedicated community still working on it and its free! The brief review :D

Thanks @sd1cko going to download!

Playing Valorant since quitting Pubg, Currently sat on platinum 3 and can hold my own quite well considering my age but as you climb higher up the ranks you get to see just how good some players are. Most of the past 20 - 25 years have been playing FPS online but my reactions certainly aren't what they used to be.

Soldato

Warhammer total war 2
Battlefield gothic 2
Planetary annihilation titans
Subnautica

Microsoft flight simulator 2020 when I can get a hotas!!!!!
Had star wars squadrons but found it pretty dull, not sure what the fuss is.

Back
Top Bottom