*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
That is quite annoying, was expecting a different style of story as seen by those respective character life paths instead of rehashing the same core story after the intro? So by that measure i take it just the first 6 hours until the intro title appears is different between the 3 life paths with the game in the current state?

The only way you're getting 6 hours out of the unique part of each life path is if you afk for 5 hours 45 mins.

You get a unique intro and then you hit the town with jackie.

It's such a thin layer. There's voice lines occasionally and I think 1 unique quest/event for each but 99.5% of the game is generic.

I've played games which support unique factions with unique storylines all the way for great replay angle value. This is not one of them.

Man of Honour
there's so many references in this game, scary

Loads of stuff I know it is a reference but can't place it - some are not areas of culture, etc. I'm familiar with so wouldn't recognise the reference anyway but do realise they are a reference, etc.

They seem to have spent a ton of development time integrating references to stuff into the game LOL.

The only way you're getting 6 hours out of the unique part of each life path is if you afk for 5 hours 45 mins.

Obviously the intention was there but they ran out of time - lot of hints in side quests, etc. that the entire mission would have been come at from a different angle, even playing on the other side so to speak in some cases but never implemented.

Soldato
Tbh I don't know if I can be bothered to play much more. Lots of poor bits that leave me feeling cold about it. Says a lot that I am practically bed ridden and bored out of my mind and I'm looking for other things to do.

I just had the Johnny Silverhand bit. Big cutscene where you argue and it is made clear he's not very nice. Ends with you saying you're gonna kill him etc.... 5 minutes later started a side quest and V is like "hey Johnny what do you think about this?" like they are best mates!

Soldato
Yeah it can feel weird depending on the mission order you do. The map side quests are really bolted on and feel a bit out of place if you do them after completing the main side quests/romance stuff.
You have 1 day to live, ok I'll just finish weeks worth of random stuff

Man of Honour
So - 60 hours in and the game has suddenly decided to show me the quantity of eurodollars when I'm looking at the item to pickup and/or when I've selected an object/body with multiple items you can pickup, etc. 100% definite wasn't there before just said eurodollars and nothing else.

Soldato
So - 60 hours in and the game has suddenly decided to show me the quantity of eurodollars when I'm looking at the item to pickup and/or when I've selected an object/body with multiple items you can pickup, etc. 100% definite wasn't there before just said eurodollars and nothing else.

Weird, I've had the occasional one not show the value but 9 times out of 10 it shows how much is there.

Also, who the bloody hell leaves so much cash just lying about :D

Soldato
I'm about 50 hours in, mainly grinding police side missions and stuff, and selling the weapons when I pass a weapons shop or if my weight gets too heavy.

I'm level 30 now I think..so I think I'll start doing some of the story :)

I find it diffucult to buy decent clothes, and weapons...I'm sure all of what I'm wearing is stuff i've picked up after a fight.

Ive got a pair of trousers on with some armadliio armour that look daft, but I can't seem to find any better trousers in the shops.

I also want a good sniper rifle, but they seem to allude me compleatley.

Soldato
The annoying thing is it seems impossible to do stealth, as soon as I (carefully) attack a camp, they all immidatley seem to realise and go straight for me. lucklily ive got a naughty SMG with some mods on it, it's not high DPS, but it tends to set people on fire after 2 or 3 bullets, which is usually enough to kill them as it damages them over time, so ijust pop a few shots into them, retreat and wait for them to die so as not to waste ammo.

Soldato
I also wasted a lot of cash on ammo at gun shops - I didnt realise different classes of gun you can only have do much ammo for, 100 rounds for a shotgun, or 500 for an SMG for example.

Associate

You get a unique intro and then you hit the town with jackie.

It's such a thin layer. There's voice lines occasionally and I think 1 unique quest/event for each but 99.5% of the game is generic.

I've played games which support unique factions with unique storylines all the way for great replay angle value. This is not one of them.

Weird that soo much was made of the life-path stuff prior to launch and yet in-game its pretty insignificant to the point I wonder why they bothered - unless of course it was supposed to be way more central but all that was part of the rumoured cut content.

Soldato
Stealth is much easier with high level hacks. There's a lot of cameras, turrets, bots etc around. High level hacking can usually melt an enemy before it can alert anyone else.
I got bored with just melting everything and swapped to utility hacks in the end. You can ones like whistle, Cripple and Reboot Optics to great effect to distract and get close to enemies.

Soldato
Weird that soo much was made of the life-path stuff prior to launch and yet in-game its pretty insignificant to the point I wonder why they bothered

Remeber CDPR boasting about it? showing off the options you had. IIRC they even showed a preview where you chose your character and had options like a reason for being in night city and who your childhood hero was!

Edit - Here it is!

Cyberpunk-2077-designer-shares-details-on-life-path-and-choices-1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I also want a good sniper rifle, but they seem to allude me compleatley.

There's 3 sniper rifles and 2 also have special versions.

https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Sniper+Rifle

Nekomata is a basic sniper rifle but if you hold down fire it charges up (and shakes the aim horribly) to do more damage and shoot through walls

Ashura is a "smart" rifle that locks onto a body part then homes in on it. I find it pointless and it can only fire 1 bullet per reload.

SPT32 Grad is a heavy sniper rifle that fires through walls and does massive damage as default. Has 4 bullets and reload sucks but small price to pay.

The best option is a Grad variant called Overwatch which does all the normal Grad stuff but is silenced :eek: and gets a faster reload. As far as I'm concerned the rest are only worth using because you haven't got the Overwatch yet.

There is also a very mediocre semi auto sniper rifle called SOR-22, uses sniper rifle bullets, can't use sniper scope and does much less damage. In return it has 9 regular bullets that don't go through walls. Give it a miss.

Soldato
Stealth is much easier with high level hacks. There's a lot of cameras, turrets, bots etc around. High level hacking can usually melt an enemy before it can alert anyone else.
I got bored with just melting everything and swapped to utility hacks in the end. You can ones like whistle, Cripple and Reboot Optics to great effect to distract and get close to enemies.

I must admit, ive not done any crafting or done much hacking, I find it a bit confusing, so my characher build is very much a tank/barbarian build at the moment.

Man of Honour
I find it diffucult to buy decent clothes, and weapons...I'm sure all of what I'm wearing is stuff i've picked up after a fight.

Ive got a pair of trousers on with some armadliio armour that look daft, but I can't seem to find any better trousers in the shops.

For a game like this it is a bit of a ridiculous situation - you have to really trawl for some hours to get a setup that has good stats and style you want - for most people it would just be a waste of good time that could be put to better use doing it. Dunno what whoever was working on that aspect of the game was thinking (probably wasn't).

The best option is a Grad variant called Overwatch which does all the normal Grad stuff but is silenced :eek: and gets a faster reload. As far as I'm concerned the rest are only worth using because you haven't got the Overwatch yet.

Great weapon overall but seems a bit random when it is ready to shoot again and if you press fire too early it often delays the next shot a little which is frustrating - I have it along with the Widow Maker and M251s Ajax AR (will have to check which variant it is as it isn't one of the normal ones) quickly swapping between them in firefights to best effect.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
When you are paying Maelstrom for the Flathead there is only 1 choice that keeps her alive out of the 4 choices you have so the game really doesn't want her to live that much :D - see Spoiler for the choices you can make.

• Option 1. If you give Royce the Militech payment shard with out first decrypting it then Meredeith stays alive.
  • Option 2. If you give Royce the Militech payment shard but first you decrypt it which removes the tracking software and tell Royce that he's being tracked, then Meredeith dies.
  • Option 3. If you pay Royce using your own money, then Meredeith dies.
  • Option 4. If you kill Royce before paying, Meredeith Dies.
I went with option 4. No wonder I hardly saw her in the game. I expected to see a lot more of her.

All this takes place where the Gig "The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away" (you have to steal a Militech SUV back from the Valentinos and give to the NOMAD's) ends up as you eventually drive the SUV into a garage.

I've put all the images and directions in this Imgur link - https://imgur.com/a/11ovYN8
Thanks again. Found it :)

By the way, not sure if you already done it, but if you go to the Arawakan mansion in north oak and look in the swimming pool, there is a iconic baseball bat. Also found a bunch of areas where shut went down similar to what you showed me in the docks area. Just can’t remember exactly where, but as it is not a dense area it does not take that long to look around.

Soldato
By the way, not sure if you already done it, but if you go to the Arawakan mansion in north oak and look in the swimming pool, there is a iconic baseball bat.

Yeap, picked it up during the "band" mission there. There's the mansions of Kerry, Denny (with the bat) and an huge Arasaka mansion all next to each other which all have good lootable content.

Back
Top Bottom