Mattresses - I need knowledge

Soldato
Has anyone heard of or purchased and using Bespoke?

I got to lie on a Bespoke Medium in Bensons for Beds and it was quite comfortable but I've never heard of them and it wasnt cheap either so want to know if it'll last as long as our Sleepeezee has which is getting on for 9 years this year

Soldato
Just ordered a John Ryan origin 1500. The Emma mattress is killing my back now and it's out of the warranty period. Had it 15 months so now it's going in the spare room. Hope this helps my back from the above recommendations.

Soldato
Me and the wife went to Dreams last week and got talked into trying out their technological Sleepmatch machine.
We just lay on a bed looking up at a screen and nothing at all happened, the saleswoman printed out our 'matches' and kept it to herself.
She then only showed us mattresses above £900 and by the time we left she gave us a quote which came to £2,200 (the mattress was £1400).
We did this last week, the bed moulded its self to us and told us to lie on our sides (we are both side sleepers), came away with 4 recommendations based on out sleep positions and weight balance. The third of the recommendations we tried was perfect, we ordered it a couple of days ago (online) and are expecting delivery in the to four weeks.

Associate
may have missed it in this thread but have the foam mattresses such as Emma advised against for side sleepers ?

They are probably ideal for a lot of side sleepers since they are on the softer side of medium. I'm a side sleeper and it gave me side and back pain though, because I think it's too soft for me at 14 stone, so YMMV. It felt pretty good for the first few weeks but the pain started getting worse the longer I used it. I'm realizing at my age/weight I need a firmer mattress.

Soldato
They are probably ideal for a lot of side sleepers since they are on the softer side of medium. I'm a side sleeper and it gave me side and back pain though, because I think it's too soft for me at 14 stone, so YMMV. It felt pretty good for the first few weeks but the pain started getting worse the longer I used it. I'm realizing at my age/weight I need a firmer mattress.
I've had a Emma mattress for 2 years and it's certainly more on the firmer side of medium.

Associate
I've had a Emma mattress for 2 years and it's certainly more on the firmer side of medium.

It's so subjective, right? I'm comparing it to a John Ryan by design Natural Artisans w/ Medium tension. The Emma Original was softer than that. Not TOO soft though, it's not a soft mattress. Def a medium I'd say, just softer than the JR one.

Caporegime
Buy John Ryan. If you cannot afford John Ryan get a sleepeezee pocket spring with minimum 1500 springs.

Otherwise just go to IKEA.

All these mattress in a box are worth £50 at best. Your paying for marketing and PR guff. They are cheap crap.

nam

nam

Soldato
Thanks I found https://www.landofbeds.co.uk/sleepeezee/mattresses/poise-3200/double which would work for me but I would like to try it out first. I don't like the terms set out by this company charging £75 if you change your mind.

Any advise where I can try the range of Sleepeezee mattresses

Buy John Ryan. If you cannot afford John Ryan get a sleepeezee pocket spring with minimum 1500 springs.

Otherwise just go to IKEA.

All these mattress in a box are worth £50 at best. Your paying for marketing and PR guff. They are cheap crap.

Soldato
Thanks I found https://www.landofbeds.co.uk/sleepeezee/mattresses/poise-3200/double which would work for me but I would like to try it out first. I don't like the terms set out by this company charging £75 if you change your mind.

From the page about the mattress
  • "Easy Care - No need to turn the mattress over - just rotate head to foot, with the seasons, to ensure longevity and continued comfort."
Single sided, mainly foam build quality, cheap mattress with fake RRP (DFS style), if you look at the John Ryan outlet, you can get a much better King Size mattress for the same price.

Caporegime
From the page about the mattress
  • "Easy Care - No need to turn the mattress over - just rotate head to foot, with the seasons, to ensure longevity and continued comfort."
Single sided, mainly foam build quality, cheap mattress with fake RRP (DFS style), if you look at the John Ryan outlet, you can get a much better King Size mattress for the same price.

My John Ryan is single sided so I don't see why that's being pointed out.

Also can you get a king size John Ryan for £700 mine was double that iirc.

Mind you my sleepeezee backcare ultimate 2000 was only £350ish iirc. Terrific mattress for the money and lasted 10 years before I decided I needed a king size will see how the John Ryan fares in 10 years time as the sleepeezee is now in the guest room.

Associate

Any advise where I can try the range of Sleepeezee mattresses

Yeah I'd skip that. I'd never buy an online mattress without free returns or exchanges, way too risky. It's hassle enough, then 75 you have to pay on top of that. Also that seems quite expensive to me, but not sure. For that amount you could also look into a Premier Inn Hypnos mattress which is cheaper and will be good quality. Try it out at a premier inn first though! Otherwise you want to go to your local mattress stores and try out first at the minimum - then you can go buy it online once you know the brand/model.

Associate
Has anyone heard of or purchased and using Bespoke?

I got to lie on a Bespoke Medium in Bensons for Beds and it was quite comfortable but I've never heard of them and it wasnt cheap either so want to know if it'll last as long as our Sleepeezee has which is getting on for 9 years this year

Almost certainly it's a rebranded mattress from one of the big suppliers. Bensons for Beds has done this for a long time - my current mattress I bought about 7 years ago was also from their showroom, one of the bespoke serenity lines. There's no way to know the actual brand though unless an insider tells us. Probably if you google around you could find out. BFB is pretty decent quality in my opinion so I think if you like it you should go for it.

Soldato
Almost certainly it's a rebranded mattress from one of the big suppliers. Bensons for Beds has done this for a long time - my current mattress I bought about 7 years ago was also from their showroom, one of the bespoke serenity lines. There's no way to know the actual brand though unless an insider tells us. Probably if you google around you could find out. BFB is pretty decent quality in my opinion so I think if you like it you should go for it.

Thanks for the info I didn't know that, Will likely go for it because I tried quite a few mattresses that day and it was stand out more comfortable than any other

Cheers

Soldato
Laying on something for 5 minutes tells you little to nothing about if it will be any good for sleeping on for 6+ hours every night for the next 5-10 years. The only real thing you should do is make sure you can return it if you are not happy after up to 50+ days.

Soldato
John Ryan Artisan Naturals & divan ordered today thanks to the recommendations of the company from this thread, hopefully it lives up to the hype.

I've got the Super King version of that mattress and it is lovely to sleep on, turn and rotate it regularly and wipe it down. Put a thin protector/topper in it as well if you want to keep the outer most cover in good condition. :)

Back
Top Bottom