Carabao Cup - Semi Finals ** Spoilers ** [5th - 6th Jan 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Fernandinho starting off early. Wasn't going to get that in a million years. Utterly cynical but that is Fernandinho in a nutshell. Low level ****-housery.

That was a bullet from De Bruyne

fez

fez

Caporegime
Fodens a good player. Was constantly looking to see if someone else was in a better position to finish that and when he saw that there wasn't he took it really well on his own.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah. Don't mind marginal decisions but most today have been miles offside and we've lost about a minute of play as a result.

I think they are petrified of calling anything that can be checked by VAR. They call it incorrectly and they have ruined a goal. They ignore a massive offside and they just waste 30s while VAR checks. What they really need is real time cameras to check offsides and relay that to the ref or linesman. I think that happens for the goal line. It wouldn't pick out the 2cm ones but it would get the 1m ones.

Caporegime
I think they are petrified of calling anything that can be checked by VAR. They call it incorrectly and they have ruined a goal. They ignore a massive offside and they just waste 30s while VAR checks. What they really need is real time cameras to check offsides and relay that to the ref or linesman. I think that happens for the goal line. It wouldn't pick out the 2cm ones but it would get the 1m ones.
Technology will make linesmen redundant eventually. The US Open used hawk eye for line calls this year and it was instant, pretty much made the 3 challenges redundant.

Soldato
Well, United actually looking pretty decent, like everyone what they're supposed to be doing and where they're meant to be.

AWB is still terrible at losing the player that peels out wide to receive a lofted cross. Someone's going to get on the end of a ball from Foden sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom