The Expanse

Soldato
I pretty much stopped comparing to the book sequence of events once i'd watched season 3 and then started the books.

It became apparent pretty quickly that book 1 was seasons 1 & 2 and books 2 and 3 were season 3, realised then there would be a lot of creative licence to fit a book into a 10 episode run.

My only grumble for the TV adaption is they've somehow made Bobbie a bit dull in the last 2 seasons.

Soldato
My only grumble for the TV adaption is they've somehow made Bobbie a bit dull in the last 2 seasons.
And turned Naomi into a strung out looking wimp.
The sequence where she went to the bridge with a knife intending to kill Marco did not relate to anything in the book. In the book she went through a short period of contemplation after Filip suggested she space herself. The emergency call to the Roci came not long before her escape which she was methodically and carefully calculating once she reconciled she had to get off the ship.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yeah poor script writing, could have followed the books better.

Still it's a good show and a nice cliff hanger this week :)

Soldato
Never read the books but still loving this TV show, is there plenty content left for them to explore? How far is it into the books so to speak.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Never read the books but still loving this TV show, is there plenty content left for them to explore? How far is it into the books so to speak.

Not read them myself however I believe the next series is the last which doesn't cover all the books. Apparently the books jump 30 years eventually so I assume they don't want to mess with the cast, make-up or CGI. Maybe they'll do a series later in time but I've no context to know it's worth it personally.

I wish the series had another 5 episodes or so I couldn't get into it at first and took two goes at starting series 1 but now it's my favourite sci-fi series alongside BSG. One episode a week isn't enough but I don't want to wish it away.

Soldato
Not read them myself however I believe the next series is the last which doesn't cover all the books. Apparently the books jump 30 years eventually so I assume they don't want to mess with the cast, make-up or CGI. Maybe they'll do a series later in time but I've no context to know it's worth it personally.

I wish the series had another 5 episodes or so I couldn't get into it at first and took two goes at starting series 1 but now it's my favourite sci-fi series alongside BSG. One episode a week isn't enough but I don't want to wish it away.
Shame if next one is the last one as its been great through out.

Though I always rather a show end on a high than drag on for sake of it.

Had a Google as to why and one article seems to say its due to the time jump as they don't feel can adapt that tv show wise also claimed due to cost of production

Soldato

Trying to be vague to avoid spoilers, all I can safely say is the scope increases massively after book/season 6 and it's a shame they won't make it. There is a 30 year time jump but it wouldn't be too hard to deal with aging prosthetics as this is a time where folks are living to 150 odd years so the physiological changes wouldn't be massive.

Books 7/8 and 9 when it releases basically really go into the who/how/why of the protomolecule, worlds beyond the gate, what happened to the builders and something massive I won't spoil here. There is now way to bring that forward into next 1.5 seasons.

I think more is going on behind the scenes as this time last year, the showrunner believed they could handle the time jump. Link has spoilers.

We have actually talked about it, and I’m confident we can pull it off. I’m not sure I could say more than that, but I am confident that we can pull it off. It’s a really unique thing, and it is what I love about these novels and this adaptation is you get to do things that you generally don’t get to do.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...zon-show-can-pull-off-massive-time-jump-ahead

Last edited:
Soldato
Trying to be vague to avoid spoilers, all I can safely say is the scope increases massively after book/season 6 and it's a shame they won't make it. There is a 30 year time jump but it wouldn't be too hard to deal with aging prosthetics as this is a time where folks are living to 150 odd years so the physiological changes wouldn't be massive.

Books 7/8 and 9 when it releases basically really go into the who/how/why of the protomolecule, worlds beyond the gate, what happened to the builders and something massive I won't spoil here. There is now way to bring that forward into next 1.5 seasons.

I think more is going on behind the scenes as this time last year, the showrunner believed they could handle the time jump. Link has spoilers.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...zon-show-can-pull-off-massive-time-jump-ahead
Ah that's a shame if there confident they could do it but not being able to

Wonder if they will scrap following books for last season and make there own ending

Soldato
Ah that's a shame if there confident they could do it but not being able to

Wonder if they will scrap following books for last season and make there own ending

I hear there's a couple of guys, Weiss and Benioff, who specalise in this sort of series endings :p Maybe they could be called up to help out.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
A good episode this week but not quite as good as the first 5. The episode didn't have the relentless pace of the previous weeks but we are starting to see the fallout of the season events with characters starting moves to come back together.

The guy playing Marco continues to oozes smugness with ever scene that make you hate him even more, just what you want for your bad guy ;)

With the rocinante out of port hopefully we get some space combat soon as well :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I hope it picks up the pace from the last two episodes, it's been like they ended too soon. Feel like huge things have happened but nothing else is being done about it before the season speeds to a close. Hopefully this last 4 cover some ground sensibly.

Soldato
Decent episode this week, from a none book reader I'm hoping Filip might start questioning his dad more now he's finding more out about his mum instead of blindingly following him.

Back
Top Bottom