Carabao Cup - Semi Finals ** Spoilers ** [5th - 6th Jan 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Haha, Fernandinho getting a yellow for one of his least offensive actions.

The commentator on sky is really annoying. The intonation on his voice makes it sound like City are passing it incisively near our box when they are stroking it around in the middle of the pitch.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah. Very annoying. Although United just seem to be constantly passing to City players.

We're playing against a team with a far higher ceiling than ourselves and are being outplayed at the moment. We don't do well when we are under the kosh. Because we rely on the players intuition and skill to break teams down we are a bit lost at sea when you need to have patterns to your play. We don't have a plan to play out and we don't have a plan when things aren't going our way. This sort of illustrates why we won't win the league and why City and Liverpool would have to "lose" it for us to get near it.

Soldato
Indeed.

I think we need rid of Martial and get a proper centre forward at some point. His goal tally at this point in the season is beyond poor and he’s far too changeable and inconsistent.
(I’m hoping he’ll score now I’ve said that)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Indeed.

I think we need rid of Martial and get a proper centre forward at some point. His goal tally at this point in the season is beyond poor and he’s far too changeable and inconsistent.
(I’m hoping he’ll score now I’ve said that)

Tend to agree. Martial is world class and utterly brilliant about 10% of the time. The problem is that he doens't produce enough. You would be better off with a player who gives you 7/10 consistently rather than 5/10 consistently and 9/10 every 6-7 games.

Soldato
Agree all. I think we need to chance Greenwood at CF more. What’s the worse that could happen?
Martial is far too fickle. Greenwood would just belt them in.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ole needs to look at the shape City have in attack and where their players are. We are so one dimensional in comparison and their CB are having an easy time with everything going through the middle.

Soldato
Ole needs to look at the shape City have in attack and where their players are. We are so one dimensional in comparison and their CB are having an easy time with everything going through the middle.
He’s too busy looking at his iPad that gives him his cues to go down and shout occasionally. :D

Back
Top Bottom