Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
The 0-60mph can definitely be improved when it's dry. Ringing it out in 2nd may yield even better results too.

The way this car launches for some reason reminds me of videos I used to see of the Audi RS2. It just squats and goes with minimal fuss!

Are you literally side stepping the clutch in this car at around 5000rpm, or are you easing it out?

OcUK Staff
OP
"RUINED"... got to love the YouTuber dramatics to get views :D

The seating positioned never bothered me, so lowering the seat does not interest me, but maybe 6ft is the new short these days or maybe its just because of having a Clio 172 in the past and the Abarth which is also known for it and often complained about, for me the biggest priority is visibility and I found that fine even with the large rear view mirror and silly tablet sticking out the dash.

Soldato
Honestly after thrashing around in the GR on Saturday, I actually came to not quite mind the position and liked the seats.

Would it be great if they went lower? Sure, but they definitely do not ruin the experience :D

Soldato
A bad seating position does ruin a car though. It gets annoying after a while and never feels like you have a good grip on the wheel. It's why I got rid of my Fiesta ST :/

Associate
Its the mounting point that is problematic because it is so high up on the side, makes the start point high for aftermarket rails as you'd want to drop the seat down inside the pillars, I have similar issues with seat height in the MX5 which I solved with a seat and rail mod but I don't see easy options here beside cutting the mounts down, perhaps a Tillet with the saggy arse base I forget its name B5 maybe,will work but would not want to daily drive on that)

Someone's height is not the issue so much as how they sit and the body composition, I am only 5 11 but sit like Robert in that vid, upright, plus being a long torso, short legged wierdo, I have less head space than him, so I am really interested in what comes out.

On one of the sites I found some one who had stripped and weighed a lot of parts and also fitted some normal looking seats lowering by 6cm, that would pretty much solve it but can I find that link again.....grrrr.

Last edited:
Soldato
Given the plethora of aftermarket seat options out there, if you felt that way would it not have made sense to have considered changing the seats?

But then you'd also need to change how the wheel is mounted. If you just slap some lower seats in the wheel might at an uncomfortable angle and may not adjust low enough. I just swapped it for a gt86 instead, which has a nice level driving position.

Last edited:
Soldato

RS Fabrications have officially gone with their cat back and DTUK tuning box as a package that they're calling GR-RS300.

RS Fabrications GR-RS300 package for the Yaris GR consists of the following:
  • 300ps 400nm
  • High quality 3 inch cat back performance exhaust with specification of your choosing for looks and sound (for more information please see the RS Fabrications website)
  • DTUK Tuning Box with custom maps designed with DTUK to work safely with RS Fabrications cat back exhaust
  • Fake exhaust speaker sound (Engine Sound Enhancement and Active Noise Cancellation) completely disabled
  • All installed at RS Fabrications
I expect with other standard cars having made 270bhp+ on other dynos (this car "only" made 265bhp standard) that this package will happily make over 300bhp too. But for now, on this dyno, I think that ~300bhp is a good figure for this little car, and it certainly makes a lot of difference to the way it drives.

OcUK Staff
OP

RS Fabrications have officially gone with their cat back and DTUK tuning box as a package that they're calling GR-RS300.

• 300ps 400nm
  • High quality 3 inch cat back performance exhaust with specification of your choosing for looks and sound (for more information please see the RS Fabrications website)
  • DTUK Tuning Box with custom maps designed with DTUK to work safely with RS Fabrications cat back exhaust
  • Fake exhaust speaker sound (Engine Sound Enhancement and Active Noise Cancellation) completely disabled
I expect with other standard cars having made 270bhp+ on other dynos (this car "only" made 265bhp standard) that this package will happily make over 300bhp too. But for now, on this dyno, I think that ~300bhp is a good figure for this little car, and it certainly makes a lot of difference to the way it drives.

Very nice what pricing does package start at, £1500ish ?

Soldato

• 300ps 400nm
Sounds great, if the straight through system is track safe that’ll do me. I know technically you can get done for that now but I’m assuming it’s not really an issue is it? MOT wise? Maybe you should do a model with a fake silencer box on just to improve it’s chances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom