Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
I so can't be asked to take it out the loop, I might take the back plate off and check the wire its annoying but no really worth the hassle

I know. That's what I thought.

I'd hate to take it all apart and find it not working anyway.

Might not be plugged in on the block properly or dead mobo header or dead rgb.

I'm not that bothered as I got the acetal block where you can't see the water inside. Only the strip on the edge of the gpu lights up.

Would be nice to have it working though.

Soldato
I've gone with the https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-gpu-water-block-geforce-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb for my card, and the corresponding backplate https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-gpu-backplate-rtx-3080-3090-black

Anyone here use this block, or have any experience with EK Classic GPU blocks in general?

Used what was there classic range in past no issues.

For that one, been looking at it vs the vector block. I am 99% certain, the coldplate is the exact same. Seems to be the RGB and the part where the plastic is that differs to be honest. The coldplate pattern, fins all look identical between classics and vector. Even the screws look to be in mostly identical spots to be honest. Makes sense I imagine, keeps cost down if coldplates all identical and your paying a slight premium for aesthetics in terms of where plastic is located on the block.

Soldato
That was my understanding of it too, being the same coldplate as the vector. My loop will be inside a case without a window, so I'm really not bothered by aesthetics (or RGB for that matter) so it seems the sensible block choice for me.

Haven't watercooled a system in many many years, back when Danger Den were top of the game!

Associate
Your build looks amazing. Are you going to change out the fluid after the six months with the same or try a different colour?
Thanks, I really like mystic fog as it works with RGB, so if I want something else I will just change color of LED:) I'll see how it's gonna work in a few months in my loop.

Soldato
tbh i found even cranking the fans upto 3k rpm my temps were avereage at best, so its a pump issues for sure, i've contacted ek too to see if they will sell the d5/ddc pump mount, i was looking through my oldish stuff today and found a d5 pump so if they get back and do sell the pump mount i'll go down that route instead.

fantasic build @Dumphole :)

did you get the D5 pump mount in the end? I tried to get a rubber gasket from EK and they wanted £14 in postage for what would have fitted in an envelope.

Soldato
Has anyone water cooled a 3070fe/3070? I'm thinking of getting one and wondered what the gains might be?

Not yet water cooled ampere, but looking at numbers and cooling plenty of prior gens I would not expect leaps and bounds in performance. Partly gonna be your silicon sample which to an extent you can check if you whack job the fans and see how it clocks, how I have been using my FE models to get an idea of how water may help when EK do actually release a block :( But may be able to stabilises a few steps higher which with ampere is 15mhz so couple of bins due to the lower temps, would imagine 45-60 or so MHz which will not translate into a massive performance gain. Really will be doing it mostly for looks, but to also run quieter at same performance levels I expect.

Soldato
did you get the D5 pump mount in the end? I tried to get a rubber gasket from EK and they wanted £14 in postage for what would have fitted in an envelope.

turns out the d5 ring is incompatible with the ddc o-11 dynamic distro plate so i opted for a ddc 3.2 unit instead, and i'm shocked how much lower my temps are, gpu with oc applied is almost 20 degrees lower and cpu is a good 10 degrees cooler and even better fan rpms are around 1500-1600rpm and my pc is far quieter under load :).

the included 3.1 pwm pump with the distro plate is to be frank utter garbage, i'm really happy i swaped it out

Associate
Total Mishmash......

I am using an EK res and pump, Byski 360 rad, liquidcool 240 rad Alphacool tubing and CPU block and the GPU block on order. Previously used the Barrow GPU block.
I see that you previously used the barrow gpu block, how was it? I cant find that much info on barrows GPU blocks anywhere.. Im looking for a block for my Ventus 3080 and the alphacool one just got pushed to 60-120 days delivery.

doc

doc

Associate
I see that you previously used the barrow gpu block, how was it? I cant find that much info on barrows GPU blocks anywhere.. Im looking for a block for my Ventus 3080 and the alphacool one just got pushed to 60-120 days delivery.

I got the Corsair block for my 3090 before Xmas, so they are shipping. I can't say where, but some sites give stock notification emails.

EDIT: There's a single Corsair 3080/3090 block on overclockers right now.....

Last edited:
Associate
I got the Corsair block for my 3090 before Xmas, so they are shipping. I can't say where, but some sites give stock notification emails.

Are you satisfied with the Corsair Block? Installation looks nice with pre applied paste and pads.
Im checking with a Norwegian store that sells Corsair hydro-x parts, if they can get it. I

Associate
Put my Heatkiller block on the card. It has been a bit of a wait for them to actually release it, and then watching the block travel around Germany on a merry little trip was fun (the block was dispatched on the 21st but between covid and the French port closure...).

Just a quick snap, if anyone is interested in a better photo of the block let me know. It's nice to lose the noise of the air cooler again! I must admit, after seeing the initial photos they released during the pre order stage... I didn't like it as much as the Heatkiller IV blocks, but on seeing it I really like it.

0ZIPeYZ.jpg
SmIMDm8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That heat killer blocks damm nice.

Was this for FE? did the Corsair block have a diffrent IO plate to change out the 3 slot IO late of FE for a 1 or 2 slot one?

Soldato
Put my Heatkiller block on the card. It has been a bit of a wait for them to actually release it, and then watching the block travel around Germany on a merry little trip was fun (the block was dispatched on the 21st but between covid and the French port closure...).

Just a quick snap, if anyone is interested in a better photo of the block let me know. It's nice to lose the noise of the air cooler again! I must admit, after seeing the initial photos they released during the pre order stage... I didn't like it as much as the Heatkiller IV blocks, but on seeing it I really like it.

0ZIPeYZ.jpg
SmIMDm8.jpg
NICE!!! I'm still waiting on dispatch for mine, ordered on the 22nd December... Been a long wait and still waiting but been informed it should be rolling out sometime this week fingers crossed. I opted for the black one, Nickel, acrylic and black backplate for the ref card. Looks gorgeous that, kinda wish i went for the stainless steel finish but we'll see how the black one looks when i get it. How are the temps on the card?

Associate
I have a small undervolt to keep the usage down to 300-310 Watts when maxed out and I also have a backplate cooler on the back of it.

With my 9900k throwing in its own heat, as well as the VRM waterblock from my motherboard, I think between them all they bring my water temperature up to about 31 or 32 degrees.

With that in mind my card sits at around 40 degrees when gaming, I haven't seen it go over that yet. Seems pretty good to me :). I'll put it to stock and see how warm it gets at some point tonight.

Oh, and like with all GPUs under water, it idles at whatever the water temperature of the loop is.

Soldato
I have a small undervolt to keep the usage down to 300-310 Watts when maxed out and I also have a backplate cooler on the back of it.

With my 9900k throwing in its own heat, as well as the VRM waterblock from my motherboard, I think between them all they bring my water temperature up to about 31 or 32 degrees.

With that in mind my card sits at around 40 degrees, I haven't seen it go over that yet. Seems pretty good to me :). I'll put it to stock and see how warm it gets at some point tonight.

Oh, and like with all GPUs under water, it idles at whatever the water temperature of the loop is.
That's one thing i haven't tried yet, undervolting. I can see the benefits of it, having a cooler card means higher clocks at finding a balance between low voltage and high clocks. May give it a try when i get the new block installed.

Back
Top Bottom