• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Are you saying that as long as you use quick resume the fan will run continuously?

Not always, but that’s what triggers the bug.

No, instant on although I guess by extension that breaks quick resume? I find quick resume works better in eco mode since you don’t need to quit the game.

The only benefit to instant on is remote access. It takes about 5s longer to boot up. I can’t even get my headphones on and into my chair in that time.

Automatic updates, and remote pushing of games to install is a big benefit.

Which would be better for the series s?

1080 144hz
Or
1440 75hz ish

I’m very happy with 1440p120 on my Dell 2721DGFA for £280.

Caporegime
Don’t think many are 120hz? 144hz just enables 120fps which is one of the big benefits for next gen on games like cod.

series S only runs 1080p anyway so would go for high hz

Soldato
Just found that I still have a 14 day trial for Game Pass Ultimate that needs to be redeemed by the 31st. You can't apply it to an account that has had gold or game pass before, so anyone that's making a new account/is new to Xbox, just trust me and I'll send it over. First come and all that. :)

Starting to find it annoying now when waiting for friends in some online games, as they haven't upgraded to the new consoles yet. It loads too damn fast!

Equally, don't understand Instant On anymore. My headphones will turn the console on and by the time my TV loads up, the console is already sat waiting. :p

Soldato
instant on kind of came when its no longer needed, it was something that would have real value in the last gen when loading times were really bad.

I still havent seen it work, but my games load as quick as PC now anyway so not a huge deal, and from internal storage ff15 is way faster than on pc.

Also I think the consoles max at 120fps? so 144hz has no benefit, (not that I think 144hz has a practical benefit over 120 anyway, I think its placebo at that point).

Back
Top Bottom