• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Its sad that at position 2 in the trinity que im seriously considering just refunding and buying a scalped 3070 with the money, i was happy to wait til christmas seeing as the launch was terrible across the board but now that its the new year and i have absolutely zero metric as to when or if im getting anything at all its been terribly disheartening. Considering the radio silence regarding wether or not those of us in the trinity line will be offered a different card makes me feel like after these 4 months im just going to be slapped with a refund anyway.

Soldato
the last batch of NON-OCs were only allocated by mistake.

ASUS have absolutely taken the ****. every other element of this **** show can be put down to shortages, but ASUS's decision to completely **** on half of their customers so they could have a 5% markup by slapping "OC" on the box was made entirely consciously.

have OCUK been in any contact with ASUS at all over this and what is the plan going forward? i imagine i'm around 60 in the queue after ordering within the first couple of hours (the first time i could get the site to load) and i haven't waited this long with the best part of 700 notes out of pocket only to be given the middle finger and told "nah son, your fault for not paying the extra £30".
ASUS should now just give everyone free upgrades to the OC version

Associate
ASUS should now just give everyone free upgrades to the OC version

wouldn't cost them anything given it's the same hardware. they just don't want to waste inventory honouring day-one orders when they can instead sell them new with an increased post-launch markup by putting them in a different box.

i have no idea how it's not illegal.

Soldato
wouldn't cost them anything given it's the same hardware. they just don't want to waste inventory honouring day-one orders when they can instead sell them new with an increased post-launch markup by putting them in a different box.

i have no idea how it's not illegal.
ASUS have also deleted a bunch of posts on their forum that were complaints.

I like their hardware but their lack of caring is really showing. I know people complain about them having bad customer support, that is only showing more by ignoring complaints of those asking why they are so slow shipping out cards.

Associate
Its sad that at position 2 in the trinity que im seriously considering just refunding and buying a scalped 3070 with the money, i was happy to wait til christmas seeing as the launch was terrible across the board but now that its the new year and i have absolutely zero metric as to when or if im getting anything at all its been terribly disheartening. Considering the radio silence regarding wether or not those of us in the trinity line will be offered a different card makes me feel like after these 4 months im just going to be slapped with a refund anyway.
Seeing people get upgraded to the OC version of other cards hurts. We need a Zotac trinity support group right now!

Associate
Hey guys, I've just bought a 4k monitor so need to upgrade form my 1070. I'm struggling to decide to which one to go for. I already have a custom watercooling loop - is it worth the extra £100 to get a waterblock on this card?

And also is there any point buying anything other than the FE card? I've had a look at benchmarks and an extra £100 on an AIB doesn't seem worth it for a few extra FPS.
If your water cooling then get the 3080 FE, the main difference between all the cards is cooling performance

Associate
I was 4th in the queue for MSI trio gaming 3080 and got a shipping email around 6pm last night so hoping it will turn up today. Will report back with any questions if it turns up.

my watch is over... but I’ll still try and be about for advise or help if I can.

Soldato
I fear you miss understand me, it's not that I'm in a que that I take issue with, it's that after chasing zotac themselves for what has now been months mearly for information. As the card has been pulled from their website their USA reps know less than nothing about one other than it was on their schedule and now it's been pushed to.... And this is the best bit no one knows they don't know, no answers from zotac or any of their reps anywhere. So while I'm lucky to be in a que, the fact remains that neither I, gibbo nor zotac themselves it would seem have a damn clue if the things even still going to release at all at this point. That is my point the fact that most of if not all of the other skus are an actual product, available in numbers or not they exist. The amp extreme currently doesn't and with a total vacuum of information it's deafening. If the company manufacturing the card refuses to acknowledge its existence honestly how long do you think I and anyone else sat in this que will be waiting. Eta at some point between now and the heat death of the universe it seems.

I expect you would be offered a substitute product if the card is abandoned.

What is boiling my Pi55 right now is the manufactures are advertising the 3 series cards all over the Web yet they can't seem to get them out. ZOTAC for one, thay are making 6 different cards for the 3 series.yet they can't let ocuk know when available.
Yet here I am just waiting for one.

Rant over I'll go back to my man cave and play with my potato and zero fps

Associate
@Gibbo First of all, thanks for your hard work trying to fulfill the backlog of orders.

Just curious - you had posted some time ago about MSI 3080 SUPRIM cards with several options to make these available - potentially to those who have ordered the GAMING X TRIO 3080s.

Was there a decision made on this and when do you intend to push this forward? If you can share that information at this stage.

Associate
You aren’t going to be buying FE cards for msrp now anyway, and for some people it is, when I say better I’m looking purely at performance

There were 3070fe's yesterday at msrp so I don't see why the 3080's won't be msrp the next time they drop.

That said, I've been on them the instant they dropped every time apart from the last time on the 23rd, and I still haven't managed to get one. I did bag a 3070fe mid-December on the first attempt though.

Back
Top Bottom