Pro Cycling Discussion 2020

Soldato
As xdcx says, money talks, guessing it was a small enough contract to buy out easily, I don't really like UAE although warmed to their Aussie DS last year due to his passion and Pogacar's heroics at TdF

Soldato
Do we now need/have a Pro Cycling Discussion 2021? :D
Worlds cx isn't over yet. Mens should be a good battle between van der pork and van aert. Pidcock should get on podium but think a lot has to fall his way to be able to fight. Women's race should also be good with brand and alvarado set to fight it out.

Think we'll see a bit of postponing of some races with the way things are going. But hopefully a bit more normality than last year.

Soldato
Anyone reckon Dumoulin will be back to the top again? Ever since he left Giant he never really looked like he had his mojo, mainly as he was coming back off the knee injury and then the health issues but after all that, he didnt seem quite right.

Soldato
32 days until the Omloop!

MVdP is my pick for Worlds next weekend.
Or in fact, no, the one that doesn't get a puncture will win it.....

Soldato
32 days until the Omloop!

MVdP is my pick for Worlds next weekend.
Or in fact, no, the one that doesn't get a puncture will win it.....

I reckon WvA with the weather forecast and the predicted amount of running required.

I think Dumoulin will be back but will be a short return and then he'll retire.

Soldato
Absolutely cracking pair of races today, should have been there but sort of glad I could watch it from the comfort of my own home rather than in the 30mph winds and 2c conditions.

U23 was just a war of attrition with ronhar coming out on top, but kamp threw it away with too many mistakes.

Then the women's was blown apart by the previous wc chucking it down first corner. Glad brand won out in the end as she's deserved it with the way she's been riding this season, but great to see worst back fighting at the front. Shame Richards couldnt make more of her strong start, that sand really killed her race, she looked a lot quicker than most on the grass sections but just shed time every time she hit the waterfront.

Soldato
I'm loving the new ef kit with all the measurements on it etc in a response to their fine last year at the giro.

A fine u23 women's race but a more typical men's race with wva and mvdp smashing it off the front. Shame about the puncture for wva but don't think it would have changed the outcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom