Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
My mates just bought 10k worth of Argo at 1.04 a share. I just saw this thread. Has he bought at the peak, should i tell him to get out? Or will he be ok long term holding. I don't invest in crypto or crypto related stuff at all.

Could be about to lose it. Could be about to make some easy money. It's definitely very high risk...up to him at the end of the day.

Associate
He must believe something if he bought them today. When they are up 40% on the day

He normally only invests in (gold) mining companies and i think in the chat on the gold mining investers pages where he goes someone, somewhere was talking about mining (in the crypto sense) and my friend thought he'd speculate and stick a few quid on FOMO style :D

Associate
He normally only invests in (gold) mining companies and i think in the chat on the gold mining investers pages where he goes someone, somewhere was talking about mining (in the crypto sense) and my friend thought he'd speculate and stick a few quid on FOMO style :D

No advice but all i'll say is that BTC is a store of value like gold. And BTC is rising looking for a benchmark, a benchmark that doesn't look anywhere near in sight. As far as I know there isn't any other BTC miner on the LSE and they are actually mining BTC (and making large profits) which the whole world is starting to talk about and II's are piling in. I wouldn't be putting my money on a gold miner that is "looking" for gold in a market full of others trying to do the same. Although it does pay like it has for me the past few months with GGP and WSBN. But there are few competitors currently and I don't see that changing for most of the 2021 bull run.

Associate
No advice but all i'll say is that BTC is a store of value like gold. And BTC is rising looking for a benchmark, a benchmark that doesn't look anywhere near in sight. As far as I know there isn't any other BTC miner on the LSE and they are actually mining BTC (and making large profits) which the whole world is starting to talk about and II's are piling in. I wouldn't be putting my money on a gold miner that is "looking" for gold in a market full of others trying to do the same. Although it does pay like it has for me the past few months with GGP and WSBN. But there are few competitors currently and I don't see that changing for most of the 2021 bull run.

Thank you, appreicate the post. He's already said he's going to run with it and see what happens regardless. I think he's going to start reading up on crypto in general, something i should also do really.

Soldato

Large profits? A bit of perspective required. They had revenues of 1.6mil GBP last month.

This is just another daft crypto bull run. By all means ride it, but don't pretend there's any fundamentals at play here. The stock is riding a wave of crypto hype.

Soldato
Anyone holding Morderna?
I sold out of apple around a week ago and have some cash to burn, looks like a good company considering they don’t have much debit and have a number of rna vaccines in the pipelines

Caporegime
I bought some CREE @ 50 many years ago and forgot about them. Been flying lately and hit 120 today

just a shame I can’t sit on others for ages. Think I bought Tesla at 200 once and sold at 290. Lol

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just a shame I can’t sit on others for ages. Think I bought Tesla at 200 once and sold at 290. Lol

Story of my life, if I think of all the penny shares I've bought and sold for some profit that have eventually gone on to much larger profits I'd cry ;)

Caporegime
Story of my life, if I think of all the penny shares I've bought and sold for some profit that have eventually gone on to much larger profits I'd cry ;)
Or the penny shares I bought in 2010-11 that I still hold onto worth FA. Big companies seemed boring back then.

Back
Top Bottom