• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More Pain for Gamers :-(

Caporegime
Not that I am defending them but it could quite purely be a rise in cost due to production. I would imagine the whole manufacturing pipeline is feeling the pinch and they are just passing on the cost increase to the consumer. Before Xmas Gibbo warned that RAM/memory was due to shoot up because they are expecting a massive shortage and I know there are issues with sourcing laptops in bulk through work having problems buying them.

Maybe but the cynic in me doesnt believe the costs of the 3090 have increased by $200.

Associate
Thankyou!

Signed up to PartAlert on Discord and managed to bag a 3060ti FE this afternoon :D

Nice.

Good to see a few 3080's floating around now too, I'm a little curious to see when we reach the point people aren't prepared to pay nearly £1k so they just sit unsold and what happens to the price.

Caporegime
£1650 for a 3090 is a good price.

Original list price of the Asus Strix 3090 OC was £1500. I saw a few cards sold at that price. Since then most places have it for £1700+

So if Asus have now upped it to £1650 list price, it just means everywhere will have them for £1850+

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Most miners use low end CPUs and don't mine on them, mining in the UK isnt always profitable due to the electricity prices but at the moment the returns are crazy high the ROI is quite low around 6 months then you are into pure profit for many cards at RRP...the profit is obscene right now.

images

ne0

ne0

Associate
Plugged a 3090 in today. Just got fed up with waiting and I can't see it getting any better any time soon. By the looks of things I was lucky I got in there quick as the prices are going to go up even more?

Soldato
Plugged a 3090 in today. Just got fed up with waiting and I can't see it getting any better any time soon. By the looks of things I was lucky I got in there quick as the prices are going to go up even more?

Yep things are getting worse not better by the look of things, glad I bought a 3060ti in December now. Just checking where I bought mine from and although they're all out of stock my card and others have all gone up by at least another £20.

Associate
I jumped on the bandwagon, signed up with Discord PartAlert yesterday, struggled for a bit trying to get my ancient brain around it, and literally just now managed to grab myself a 3070 .

Soldato
I jumped on the bandwagon, signed up with Discord PartAlert yesterday, struggled for a bit trying to get my ancient brain around it, and literally just now managed to grab myself a 3070 .

I can't believe people are still in queues...their cards are being sold to people while they sit there like fools, their money sat in retailers accounts...

:D

Associate
I can't believe people are still in queues...their cards are being sold to people while they sit there like fools, their money sat in retailers accounts...

Yeah it does feel a bit odd. Like where did my card suddenly appear from? OK it's not as desirable as a 3080 perhaps but even so, surely someone's got a preorder on the go for one?

Soldato
Yeah it does feel a bit odd. Like where did my card suddenly appear from? OK it's not as desirable as a 3080 perhaps but even so, surely someone's got a preorder on the go for one?

Exactly, all this pre-ordering and queueing was a complete mug's game from the outset. Just a way to part people from their cash for nothing in return. Thanks got your cash, now I can sell your card again to someone else...I'm amazed people can't see it!

Associate
Exactly, all this pre-ordering and queueing was a complete mug's game from the outset. Just a way to part people from their cash for nothing in return. Thanks got your cash, now I can sell your card again to someone else...I'm amazed people can't see it!

Yeah I suppose so. Its like they're thinking "OK these people that are prepared to sit in their queues are always going to wait, in the meantime there's these other frenzied "fomo's" desperately hunting cards. Might as well grab the desperate people's custom now and the waiters can wait in line like they always do and they can get their cards later when the frenzy has died down. "

Soldato
Not bad if your into it.

Mentioned this to @TNA after he silently scoffed at my mid-life crysis purchase! ;)
that sounds like an expensive outlay - $2000 for a 3090 now. 3080 apparently has much better return due to lower power requirement and lower capital cost.

i think the 3080 is around $6/day profit after running cost. that rig with 78x3080 looks like it will pay back the capital investment in 6months time assuming crypto stays as the same price as of 4th Jan.

the problem is who know what crypto will be like in 6months time, could be all time high or all time low. big big gamble

Back
Top Bottom