Associate
This looks like it could get dodgy

MPfL6fv.jpg

RA3o7NM

RA3o7NM

RA3o7NM

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Always great to have your updates @Rroff :)

I would caution there are people much more qualified to give their opinion on this than me heh - I'm just reading the charts at face value with a little experience of what patterns have lead to what outcomes before without fully understanding the mechanics involved.

This looks like it could get dodgy

The clash of the 2 different fronts? (half of your pictures aren't loading for me so not entirely sure what you are referring to).

Man of Honour
Them other images are nothing. Yes I'm just refering to the hot and cold meetings.

Yeah all sorts of potential but all very vague - I'm not convinced it will come to anything. Today's output towards the end of the run is all over the place - yesterday it was hinting more at such possibilities for the end of the month.

Soldato
-4 here this morning. Forecast is for sleet beginning around 21:00, turning to light snow in the early hours, then heavy snow in to Friday. Looks like it may be an hour or two prior to that as it's just begun to snow. We already have a dusting and that's within about 10-15 mins.

I can almost hear Eddard Starks voice in my ear. "Wint.. .. ......"

Last edited:
Man of Honour
When I went to pick my truck up after its MOT last night it had started snowing and put down maybe half a centimetre covering in the 10 minutes or less I was inside - that was about it though few minutes later it stopped.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Well holy **** - it's actually snowing on the Fylde coast (I'm about 200m away from the sea) and it's settling - this almost NEVER happens round here!

Man of Honour
Probably a bit wishful thinking on my part but this has the potential to evolve into something interesting

Looks like towards the end of the month proper cold is likely to be building east of us which could fuel wintery weather - though they saw -10C in NI last night and Spain I believe recorded an all time low yesterday so not like a complete lack of cold heh.

Man of Honour
Had thick freezing fog on the way home - only to find they seem to have knackered my rear fog light switch or something when I had it in for a service couple of days ago - fronts were fine but rears would only stay on momentarily when I pressed the switch - don't think the cop car behind me was too impressed.

Man of Honour
Looks like generally trending towards milder until the 15th now (though could still have dips in there) but from the 15th looks like some kind of change but details are vague.

I have a hard time getting excited for any snowy weather in this country unless uppers are distinctly -10 or below and the jet pushed well south of us but looks like towards the end of the month deeper cold will be building east of us and another potential SSW event on the cards (and we haven't seen the effects yet of recent polar disturbances) so there are still cards in play for colder weather.

Associate
Looks like generally trending towards milder until the 15th now (though could still have dips in there) but from the 15th looks like some kind of change but details are vague.

I have a hard time getting excited for any snowy weather in this country unless uppers are distinctly -10 or below and the jet pushed well south of us but looks like towards the end of the month deeper cold will be building east of us and another potential SSW event on the cards (and we haven't seen the effects yet of recent polar disturbances) so there are still cards in play for colder weather.
Im just gutted we can't travel at the moment. Saw pics of Snowdonia on the news and it looked stunning.

Soldato
The Beast from the East in 2018 hit the UK with snow blizzards and temperatures as low as 14C overnight

Either some pretty poor proof reading, or the author of that article really is a bit of a wimp. 14c is positively shorts weather :p

Back
Top Bottom