Best dual rank 32 (16by2) kit for B550 Unify-X

Associate
Hi all

I’d like to move to a 2 DIMM B550 Unify-X at some point and the best memory for it would be a dual rank kit.

I’m looking at Micron 32 gig 3600 or 3200 but unsure as to which kit I should get - there seems to be some uncertainty as to if Crucial Ballistix or Patriot Viper Steel are actually dual rank.

it’ll be paired with a 3300X now but I’ll be moving to a 5600 non X when it launches.

Thank you

Associate
If you're going to get a Unify-x you really want to look at abusing its ability to run lower timings than other boards will let you get away with. The instruction manual should basically just say "Insert your dual rank Samsung B-Die here".

The B-Die 8Pack RAM sold here took a big price increase today so all I can say is F4-3600C16D-32GTZN is a pretty good alternative with patience. You will be waiting on stock of Unify-x to come in anyway so no harm in waiting to see what comes around.

Associate
OP
If you're going to get a Unify-x you really want to look at abusing its ability to run lower timings than other boards will let you get away with. The instruction manual should basically just say "Insert your dual rank Samsung B-Die here".

The B-Die 8Pack RAM sold here took a big price increase today so all I can say is F4-3600C16D-32GTZN is a pretty good alternative with patience. You will be waiting on stock of Unify-x to come in anyway so no harm in waiting to see what comes around.

yeah I hear you and I did want B Die. It’s just sooooo much more expensive than before.

I think I’d like to use Micron in the mean time and get Samsung B Die later on.

Any Micron dual rank suggestions?

Associate
Crucial/Micron seem to have dropped the ball on RAM supply right now. It's hard enough finding single rank 16gb sticks let alone dual rank with all the fiasco about chip changes that has went on recently.

Not what you want to hear but waiting is a solid option.

Associate
OP
Crucial/Micron seem to have dropped the ball on RAM supply right now. It's hard enough finding single rank 16gb sticks let alone dual rank with all the fiasco about chip changes that has went on recently.

Not what you want to hear but waiting is a solid option.
Much appreciated. I’ll be patient.

Back
Top Bottom