• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
After almost 4 months, my Asus Rog strix 3080 oc has been shipped! Good luck to those still waiting. At least I get to use it for about a month before it becomes old news and the 3080ti is released.

Associate
Just heard about the Asus news about prices going up RIP. If they can't sell a product with decent profit margin then they are in the wrong market.

They are just scalping their own products the scummy *****.

Associate
Just heard about the Asus news about prices going up RIP. If they can't sell a product with decent profit margin then they are in the wrong market.

I think the problem is based around NVidia, they are selling the chips for too much which puts pressure on aib cards profit margins

Associate

Has nothing to do with Asus they are just the first ones to publicly confirm it. The prices have risen for a number of reasons. Component costs, logistics, and import tariffs are industry wide and not limited to just Asus. Expect price hikes for nearly every component from every brand.

Associate
they are already hundreds of places ahead of where they should be if ASUS supplied both equally from the start, so i don't think they can really complain. they will still be getting what they paid for weeks, if not months ahead of the non-OC buyers. the pricing should have no bearing on queue positions.

you think it's fairer for non OC buyers to not get any card at all?

No I think the only fair thing to do would be put them at the back of the OC queue if they wished, but to also offer alternative cards as and when they come into stock. I think buyers of nearly all non-oc cards are in a similar boat though, so even that could get messy.

The non OC buyers eyeing up the Trio's or TUF OC queue's because they appear to be moving are barking up the wrong tree unless they want to join the back. They aren't accounting for how popular these cards were and the large amount of orders still not fulfilled - many of those people have also been waiting since the 17th of September, and paid more money for the privilege.

Associate
No I think the only fair thing to do would be put them at the back of the OC queue if they wished, but to also offer alternative cards as and when they come into stock. I think buyers of nearly all non-oc cards are in a similar boat though, so even that could get messy.

The non OC buyers eyeing up the Trio's or TUF OC queue's because they appear to be moving are barking up the wrong tree unless they want to join the back. They aren't accounting for how popular these cards were and the large amount of orders still not fulfilled - many of those people have also been waiting since the 17th of September, and paid more money for the privilege.

This isn't accurate, at least on the TUF OC side. All orders until at least the 21st of September (circa. 600 ish) have now been cleared I think. Still personally think having the option to upgrade your order to then be 'zippered' into the TUF OC queue as suggested is a comprimise. Can't see ASUS upgrading anyone for free as they will make an argument that they will supply those cards eventually and I'm guessing most non-oc people would be happy to pay a small fee to recieve their card sooner which is ultimately what oc queue members incidentally/unkowningly did . Still unfair yes but could be a comprimise?

Associate
This isn't accurate, at least on the TUF OC side. All orders until at least the 21st of September (circa. 600 ish) have now been cleared I think. Still personally think having the option to upgrade your order to then be 'zippered' into the TUF OC queue as suggested is a comprimise. Can't see ASUS upgrading anyone for free as they will make an argument that they will supply those cards eventually and I'm guessing most non-oc people would be happy to pay a small fee to recieve their card sooner which is ultimately what oc queue members incidentally/unkowningly did . Still unfair yes but could be a comprimise?

Looks like we all should have ordered a TUF OC then :p It's true for the trio's, with hundreds of day one people still waiting.

Associate

the reason non-OC buyers keep making comparisons with OC cards is because they are functionally identical, OC buyers just chose to have a firmware with a factory OC for an extra 5% in cost which non-OC buyers didn't see any value in. the entire reason that there are no non-OC cards being shipped in is because ASUS are slapping that OC firmware on all of them instead of fulfilling their obligations.

it's zero sum game that OC queuers have already benefitted from by an order of magnitude. zippering the queues wouldn't even remedy it as the OC queue still had a 500+ person head start, but it would at least mean that Non-OC buyers will now be treated fairly in spite of ASUS and you can't charge them more for a feature they never wanted in the first place after already waiting months longer than they should have.

to claim it's "not fair" you have to jump through mental hoops that completely disregard the logistical reality of the situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom