Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Associate
Just started playing this and yes it’s hard as nails as expected. Bloodborne and the mechanics of farming etc soon came bk to me. Just a quick question: what are the ghost like players that constantly appear? Are they other players online?

Associate
I'm really struggling with the false king he just keeps kicking my arse must have tried at least 20 times. All the other bosses I managed after several attempts.
Any tips except poisonous cloud I never got it.

Associate
yeah I know your pain, been knocked off that platform far too much, in the end I played the first man eater aggresive on the bridge once he was down I went up into the middle and played it a little slower to reduce that risk of getting knocked off ! So hard to read what they’re going to do though

Got royally ****ed by this boss before Xmas. Came back to it this week and nailed it at the first attempt. Lucked out and got the "easy" version of Old Monk afterwards too.

Basically got one of them down to the last slither of health then he disappeared and never came back even after killing his mate so I just couldn't finish it. Probably related to my strategy of using the Thief Ring to try to avoid aggroing them both at the same time as much as possible.

Associate
Struggling to find the 2nd checkpoint/teleporter. Furthest I’ve got is to the dragon, think the level is the castle of Boletaria (you start outside the castle which parts of it are on fire). Any hints as to how much further it is? Don’t want to look online as there’s inevitable spoilers that will be seen. It’s frustrating as it’s a long way to go bk to the start every time I die and I reckon there must be another checkpoint soonish?

Soldato
Struggling to find the 2nd checkpoint/teleporter. Furthest I’ve got is to the dragon, think the level is the castle of Boletaria (you start outside the castle which parts of it are on fire). Any hints as to how much further it is? Don’t want to look online as there’s inevitable spoilers that will be seen. It’s frustrating as it’s a long way to go bk to the start every time I die and I reckon there must be another checkpoint soonish?
As soon as the dragon flames, run towards the flame. Do it 3 times - have a good explore of the towers upper and lower. After the 3rd fire wave you have some tough enemies and archers to beat but it's doable. Then? Who knows :)

Soldato
Got royally ****ed by this boss before Xmas. Came back to it this week and nailed it at the first attempt. Lucked out and got the "easy" version of Old Monk afterwards too.

Basically got one of them down to the last slither of health then he disappeared and never came back even after killing his mate so I just couldn't finish it. Probably related to my strategy of using the Thief Ring to try to avoid aggroing them both at the same time as much as possible.

haha nice ! I need to go back on it at some point I’m at the last boss now not attempted it yet though!

Associate
As soon as the dragon flames, run towards the flame. Do it 3 times - have a good explore of the towers upper and lower. After the 3rd fire wave you have some tough enemies and archers to beat but it's doable. Then? Who knows :)

Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. Will have a sesh tomoz.

Associate

Had a good sesh on this earlier and managed to progress to the 1st boss and defeat that and now onto the next section. Really looking forward to getting stuck into this again now! It’s a great game and a real testament to the ps5 which I’m really enjoying, especially the load times. Thanks again. Sure I’ll be posting again real soon haha.

Soldato
Had a good sesh on this earlier and managed to progress to the 1st boss and defeat that and now onto the next section. Really looking forward to getting stuck into this again now! It’s a great game and a real testament to the ps5 which I’m really enjoying, especially the load times. Thanks again. Sure I’ll be posting again real soon haha.
Haha my pleasure! I completed the game years ago on the PS3 and I've only done the first boss with this version. When I've killed off some of my PS5 games I'll give it a proper go again. Enjoy it's full of great surprises and tough challenges. One of my favourite games ever.

Soldato
I didn't realise enemies chase you so far. I went to fire an arrow at the red eyed knight to see if I could hurt it and then it followed me for ages :(
I went right to the end of that section to open the shortcut and it got stuck on a catapult.

Soldato
Playing Demon's Soul's for the first time, I am getting smashed to bits lol

So it seems like you can retrieve your 'souls' when you die from where you got squished, but if you die en route to pick them up are they gone forever?

Back
Top Bottom