• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will you be buying Intel 11th Gen CPU's?

Permabanned
To be honest, I don't think an Intel platform gives the users the same features as an AMD platform. Yes, AM4 is ending soon, but LGA1200 is ending this year, too. Both are ending sometime this year.

Associate
I will be changing to a i9 11900K when it comes out as I couldn't get the 10900K when that launched so got the i7 10700k, I will sell that on the bay to put towards the 11900K. It will drop in my Z490 Aorus Master a treat.

Man of Honour
I'm not in a hurry but if I need to upgrade a lot of what I do is Intel centric, often for legacy reasons. Fortunately these 2011 era setups I'm using still hold up well.

I'm hoping my current setup holds up long enough there are better options available and 7nm or better products.

Soldato
Would like to upgrade my 5820k, but until I can get hold of a new GPU, there's not a lot of point.

I keep wavering over getting a 10850k which is the best value upgrade if I had to right now....but I can wait a bit.

Associate
Would like to upgrade my 5820k, but until I can get hold of a new GPU, there's not a lot of point.

I keep wavering over getting a 10850k which is the best value upgrade if I had to right now....but I can wait a bit.

I built a system for my son for Christmas using this CPU the i9 10850K it is fantastic value for the performance you get

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Nope, opted for a 5950X build to replace my 2700X.

Not biased one way or the other but lately I’ve only been recommending Ryzen to friends and family.

Until Intel move on and ditch 14nm there’s not a whole lot of Intel to recommend.

Associate
I'd rather buy AMD but unless they release a retail APU with 6 or 8 cores I might consider a 6C non-K Rocket Lake. I know, not a very sexy SKU. :)
Depends on price and real world wattage for the non-K chips.
Hopefully we'll see Zen 3 APUs at retail, but with all the shortages I very much doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom