The Expanse

Soldato
I've just started getting this heavily filling my "recommended" section of YouTube videos and Amos and the UN lady Chrisjen Avasarala seem like good characters so I'll give it a go.

Is there any particular season where the quality dips at all or is it consistently good (the whole season rather than individual episodes)?

Soldato
I've just started getting this heavily filling my "recommended" section of YouTube videos and Amos and the UN lady Chrisjen Avasarala seem like good characters so I'll give it a go.

Is there any particular season where the quality dips at all or is it consistently good (the whole season rather than individual episodes)?

S4 was slower than previous seasons and more 'planet bound' than people we're used to but it does push the story forward.

Soldato

Some people found the first few episodes tough going, but stick with it - amazing show.

Soldato
Decent episode this week, from a none book reader I'm hoping Filip might start questioning his dad more now he's finding more out about his mum instead of blindingly following him.
That doesn't happen until quite late on in the 6th book, as I said earlier in the thread they seem to be overlapping or pre-empting events that occur much later in the story.

It wasn't a bad episode (6) but apart from the Amos sub story which sticks fairly close, I still feel they have ripped the guts out of the book(s) and basically written an entirely new screenplay for the rest.

Soldato
I really liked Amos' realisation at the end of the episode, such a great character.
At the start of it all he seemed to be just 'the thug' character, but the way he came on over the series's has been great.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yes, he is casted perfect and really well acted, although I cant figure out why he has no belter face tattoos being such a radical.

Its a good show but the books are pretty much sci-fi by numbers after the next couple of episodes at least.

Be like AMOS :)

Soldato
S1-3 in 4K are good, S4 is ok and S5 seems to be a little lost (in the middle of it atm).

Kinda like a more gritty Babylon5 :)

Soldato
I hope Naomi dies soon, her stoopid accent gets right on my titties.
Don't count on it...

But yes, I don't know who decided that Belter speak should be represented by a kind of offshoot of a South London sink estate ghetto patois!

Last episode was a bit better, though still mangling the book events and no Amos action this week either.

Soldato
I hope Naomi dies soon, her stoopid accent gets right on my titties.

It is much more awkward than the other belters I agree. However in the last series she used her normal accent interchangeably with her belter one, depending whether she was speaking with inners or belters. My view is that it is awkward intentionally to represent her internal conflict between her two identities. One as an earther loving wannabe inner and the other as a true belter and former member of the OPA.

Back
Top Bottom