Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

apg

apg

Associate
I got my worktop from Worktop express as everything else did not fit my criteria.

Excuse the mess.
vgG3Bc6CylbfHwyByvts3jYA7TfCdQ-zQrd8qF6G4SGjqaCDT1bf5zrTJEdiKAbzjzWg-6yU3Nrb2QumG_uuXMOOXsaFW2Zbngk1phvW9mWHugiChlQD3Z5jQyxmKgjfRA8j6JpEKHexAMJJPRPJf0ZYYj2rQiKdayZlv0xZqULg8EWl6xNkvLdrgor0U3QGywDexq4bjcZTphls8Vel-jXm-rtAdiJU-3MMloqsg3n--KVcrbL1IurGOpAOfI9trauANOoTm6-e60MvZLM-GLh8uKFmO__A6HOUqN-5HPR1vrxeLeUtLx_CmbEbACfbFgxHFzUKG-12xfoB6JMQPvUHp5GrmekU6RGYrGwHSVVevmhnUHGTiF2Wpu1h-1ML26C0Kn4i8lXFbrurJHQwd3fGe-R_GkL99Ej4OmQHxWKgAIGAsiPga6qDUmt3Oorf7ZVyi51cxgxL7gqyv9h3S9WCL_7Fb8EwAlZxe_jS186L7G78r0iE38ErWUSmvM__19j9Fwnfz14G-V9lPIgKz8zTk6gsTllass94oYO74a8bg7BAUpe9nevMSc0x9LFlVHiIHnbZBA0i3rBwkRTsbsSOMDRx8htr3zZZEkjRxTbWNijxPsX2EoTxIzj3R4jc3N62uF9Lnvd1bUy5By-IfIXkyKg1e_Q8j9sCUdU8OQHhk8eWINSx62_fk-ZqtQ=w1707-h1280-no

Looks good, what length is it? about 3m?

Associate
I got my worktop from Worktop express as everything else did not fit my criteria.

Excuse the mess.

EDIT: Hosting picture somewhere else.

Really nice worktop. I have a cheap Linamon from Ikea but want to replace the top with a solid wood top. Ikea has one for about £80, but checked out the link, worktop express has more selection and at reasonable prices. Did you have to do any prep work, like varnish, stain, or was it delivered complete. Also, do you have to add any top coat to the table after a few years?

thanks

Soldato
Really nice worktop. I have a cheap Linamon from Ikea but want to replace the top with a solid wood top. Ikea has one for about £80, but checked out the link, worktop express has more selection and at reasonable prices. Did you have to do any prep work, like varnish, stain, or was it delivered complete. Also, do you have to add any top coat to the table after a few years?

thanks

I have these questions too. Which worktop did you go with?

Soldato

thanks

So the reason i went for express was because they were able to cut to size before delivery. I don't have a carpenter nor the tools / experience to cut with woodwork. So I had to double / triple check the dimensions before committing. From my order I end up using this size Oak Wooden Worktop 3M X 960mm X 40mm before cutting a few mm off the size. This was the cheapest they had to offer as other places did not offer cutting and costed over £500!

Sorry! By colour scheme I meant dark blue and white on the walls!

I guess when I'm in my room I don't really notice too much around me, I just wanted a different colour other than magnolia on all 4 walls and I dont think its that bad of a colour choice.

I have the Ikea one downstairs but it doesn't give me the depth nor the width needed so end up going custom for this size.

EDIT
The spare desk setup in my living room

This was an IKEA jobby which fit the purpose and cheap and chips.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the reason i went for express was because they were able to cut to size before delivery. I don't have a carpenter nor the tools / experience to cut with woodwork. So I had to double / triple check the dimensions before committing. From my order I end up using this size Oak Wooden Worktop 3M X 960mm X 40mm before cutting a few mm off the size. This was the cheapest they had to offer as other places did not offer cutting and costed over £500!

I guess when I'm in my room I don't really notice too much around me, I just wanted a different colour other than magnolia on all 4 walls and I dont think its that bad of a colour choice.

I have the Ikea one downstairs but it doesn't give me the depth nor the width needed so end up going custom for this size.

How's the surface finish of the worktop express stuff? I've heard the KARBLY can be quite rough, which I'm worried may be somewhat abrasive to things with a delicate finish (been burned on the BESTA stuff before, whatever foil paper they use for finish is quite abrasive, and it would leave marks on the rubber of my switch pro controller if I lightly let it drag across as it acted like a fine grit sandpaper, for example).

Associate
I have these questions too. Which worktop did you go with?

I have't gone with anything yet, I am leaning towards Ikea, purely for the price but I would differently need to cut it as the size is too big for I need. Thankfully, I have the tools to do so, diyer here so it wouldn't be difficult to do so. From What I read on the web, the Ikea table top, some people stated you would need to oil it, the finish isn't great, maybe rough in some places. But I don't mind putting in the work. The downside is, Ikea have very limited options but worktop express, they have some great selection but seem a bit over my budget. I don't know which one I would choose in the end, would need to do more research but it seems both options, the tabletop would need to be treated properly.

Back
Top Bottom