NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
OP
Really wish the case compatiability was radiator on top rather than bottom, have a feeling that will be V2 of this case

Only three ways to achieve that:

Make the case taller. It'll wind up being around 20.5-21.0 litres.
Allow the case to be inverted, so that the GPU/rad area is up top. But the window will be on the "other" side.
Have a modular rear panel (ala O11 Mini) so the motherboard can be shifted down (GPU vertical) to make space for a rad at the top.

Soldato
I really like option 3 there, being able to drop the motherboard down to fit a top 240mm radiator at the expense of being able to fit fans under the graphics card (sometimes) would be great for the average builder. You'd still be able to get a decent air feed to the GPU with it sitting at the vented bottom of the case and be able to have a 240mm AIO in the better orientation with the case window. Hopefully something Coolermaster consider for a V2.

Associate
I feel like I'm overthinking my air cooler (no interest in water cooling).

I wanted the U12A hands down but I now want compatibility with the TG panel (sheds tear).

Which large air coolers + lower socket B550 mobo (asrock or asus) allow for a 25mm fan above the cooler?

Associate
I feel like I'm overthinking my air cooler (no interest in water cooling).

I wanted the U12A hands down but I now want compatibility with the TG panel (sheds tear).

Which large air coolers + lower socket B550 mobo (asrock or asus) allow for a 25mm fan above the cooler?
It seems that the Scythe Mugen 5 is the best air cooler for TG.
By my side, I'll try the Silver Arrow 130, which is impressive also (but very very rare. Almost impossible to buy).
the mugen is compatible with 25mm fan above. With Gigabyte B550I, it's very tight but OK. With other boards, since the socket is slightly moved it should be OK also

Soldato
Neither will, there is only space for a 92mm fan at the rear because of the IO on the motherboard.

I think the consensus is that adding ones doesn’t make a material difference.

Associate
I ended up buying this case on the MM recently without thinking it through, mainly because it seemed so popular in this thread.
It cost me more than I'd planned due to needing to swap to a smaller motherboard and cooler but I'm pleased with how it turned out in the end even if I did have to attach the 165mm ATX PSU in with tie-wraps.
FTnQ7IJ.jpg
R7FJkHb.jpg
Thanks to @Relentless81's posts I got a Big Shurikan 3 (RGB) and its pretty quiet too, though there is a very slight tapping noise coming from the fan so I may end up with another solution soon.

Associate
My pslatecustom cables came today ordered between Xmas and new year , despatched Wednesday, delivered today, damn that’s fast, hope they are worth the wait, custom cables for the NR200, after fitting the 6800XT into my DA2 case decided i needed a biggger challenge so fitting the artic freezer 280 in the NR should suffice! But need all the space i can get hence the cables,

I had planned to start moving things from one case to the other but then got an early birthday present in the guise of an actual MAN PC room YaaY, so been decorating and putting new desk in,

HtV7gRH.jpg

6Cv7kxn.jpg

Bz0peKg.jpg

Soldato
My pslatecustom cables came today ordered between Xmas and new year , despatched Wednesday, delivered today, damn that’s fast, hope they are worth the wait, custom cables for the NR200, after fitting the 6800XT into my DA2 case decided i needed a biggger challenge so fitting the artic freezer 280 in the NR should suffice! But need all the space i can get hence the cables,

Oh nice! I've been thinking about custom cables. I need to power a single SATA device in mine, but also want to keep things as tidy as possible. The SATA cable I have has 4 connectors on it which causes a bit of a mess. So I was looking for a Type-4 to single SATA cable.

From the hour or so reading I did, options for this seem fairly limited unless I missed something?

Associate
I ended up buying this case on the MM recently without thinking it through, mainly because it seemed so popular in this thread.
It cost me more than I'd planned due to needing to swap to a smaller motherboard and cooler but I'm pleased with how it turned out in the end even if I did have to attach the 165mm ATX PSU in with tie-wraps.
R7FJkHb.jpg
Thanks to @Relentless81's posts I got a Big Shurikan 3 (RGB) and its pretty quiet too, though there is a very slight tapping noise coming from the fan so I may end up with another solution soon.

That's a much neater ATX PSU install than I did. Mine is janky as anything, but fortunately now the SFF PSU has arrived, so I can reinstall the PSU cage and wire it properly.

Soldato

A tiny bit more research suggests that I can just do it myself. I have some old Corsair SATA cables from an old PSU. Also looks like you can buy a SATA connector to crimp on. I could butcher an old cable and add the crimp to it at the correct length. Having said that, I could probably reuse the ones on the cable already, they must be removeable somehow..?

Associate
A tiny bit more research suggests that I can just do it myself. I have some old Corsair SATA cables from an old PSU. Also looks like you can buy a SATA connector to crimp on. I could butcher an old cable and add the crimp to it at the correct length. Having said that, I could probably reuse the ones on the cable already, they must be removeable somehow..?

so your just wanting a sata connector for a single sata drive ? (Sorry Not sure what a type 4 connector is or isn’t) , i ordered 2 of those in case I needed them, made sense l8ke you say, the standard ones are a nightmare , using one to connect my sata ssd in my DA2 case was a bitch

Soldato
OP
This case is elusive, the competitor site date changed to end of the month.

That competitor does this all the time. I remember with the NZXT H1 last year, OCUK were saying it was delayed and would be delivered in June. That site said end of March. Then middle of April. Then end of April. And so on. They delivered cases about the same time as OCUK in the end.

They did the same thing to me with a HOTAS before Christmas; kept shunting it back a week. And I know they've done it with other products lately too. I just assume their dates are nonsense now. If you want to know when the next shipment is due, ask OCUK. They'll tell you what they know, rather than making up dates to nab some custom.

Back
Top Bottom