Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Would get a smart meter and go on an agile tariff but the rates are junk on that too.

Thats my plan...went on to the tracker tariff in the meantime....but yesterday it jumped from 15.9p to 26.5p for me!!!

jumped onto a 17p tariff till it drops back down...use 110 units a day so its a big problem for me :(

£30 yesterday for the days electric

Tracker tariff looks good going on past performance ...just not now but will drop again hopefully.

Prices dropped today to 19.8p a unit but looks like it will be higher tomorrow going by the agile tariff price forecast.

Soldato
110 units a day? Even heating a huge house and with fully electric heaters and doing a ton of miles in an electric car shouldn’t cost that much.

I consider 11 or 12 in a day to be a bad day.

Caporegime
My provider Avro, is cheapest for me but it's still another £26 a month, I'm thinking of just letting it go onto a variable and look again in spring as you'd expect prices to be dropping when demand does?

Soldato
Did you get this sorted?
Yes they actually sorted it out on Friday. :)

They went back through my readings for 12 months, credited my account with £1000 to balance the statement they issued to me on Thursday, they then billed me for the 12 months usage, leaving me with my original £116 credit.

Works out bang on because if I worked out what I was using and how much I was paying, I'd have been left with £116 in credit so they got it pretty spot on.

They also gave me a free £50 top up for the inconvenience. :)

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Yes they actually sorted it out on Friday. :)

They went back through my readings for 12 months, credited my account with £1000 to balance the statement they issued to me on Thursday, they then billed me for the 12 months usage, leaving me with my original £116 credit.

Works out bang on because if I worked out what I was using and how much I was paying, I'd have been left with £116 in credit so they got it pretty spot on.

They also gave me a free £50 top up for the inconvenience. :)

Good result!

Think I'll bite the bullet...

Soldato
Thinking of switching to Utility point, can anyone trust me their referral link?

Thanks

I'm also thinking of utility point, is it still £100 for each or is it split between both?

Links sent to both of you (it's actually a code)

Edit: For what it's worth I've recently moved to them (from OutFoxTheMarket) and am very happy. Let me know if anyone else wants a £100 link.

Soldato
Green.Energy yet again showing themselves to be utterly incompetent.

I've been submitting meter readings, but they've not been doing anything with them as somehow my account was transferred to British Gas without any input from me!
They now won't say whether I'll be charged for my historical usage at the new rates coming in at the end of January, or on the old rates given that's when the charges were incurred. Clueless.

Diabolical, given they messed up my transfer to them in the first place!

Caporegime
Green.Energy yet again showing themselves to be utterly incompetent.

I've been submitting meter readings, but they've not been doing anything with them as somehow my account was transferred to British Gas without any input from me!
They now won't say whether I'll be charged for my historical usage at the new rates coming in at the end of January, or on the old rates given that's when the charges were incurred. Clueless.

Diabolical, given they messed up my transfer to them in the first place!
I was considering green.energy, glad I didn't go with them based on that.

Soldato
Big hike on Green. standing charge coming in

Electric or gas? I already pay a standing charge for electric.

I hope others have found them better!

Been great for me, switched last year without any issues, submit meter readings and get issued a bill quickly.

Just got email time to jump ship

I've had an email today informing me of the price rise for electric, done some quick quotes on Uswitch & Energy compare by Citizens Advice and Green will still be cheapest for me.

Back
Top Bottom