Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Mines one stop away!

Lucky you. I’m hoping it’s not long so I can get it downloading stuff ready for when I finish work. I don't seem to get that level of tracking on my account.

My Series S went back yesterday. Feel a bit of a dick returning it when i've used it for around 2 hours of gaming, but i'm justifying it to myself in that i used an old controller/power lead etc so most things were unused.

Caporegime
OP
There probably won’t be many people in this boat (I know @Kreeeee has both) but can someone tell me what happens when you plug an external drive with Xbox One S/Series S versions of games into an Xbox Series X? Does it begin a massive download updating all the games to the Xbox One X/Series X versions?

Soldato
There probably won’t be many people in this boat (I know @Kreeeee has both) but can someone tell me what happens when you plug an external drive with Xbox One S/Series S versions of games into an Xbox Series X? Does it begin a massive download updating all the games to the Xbox One X/Series X versions?

When you go to play an "Enhanced for" or "Optimised for" title, it deletes the game and downloads the correct version. It doesn't (or didn't for me, at least) do the whole lot at once, automatically.

One thing I would like to see added on this front is an option to keep the old version and play that instead. Take Siege, as an example. I rarely play it. I'd be quite happy running the One S version straight off the external drive.

Associate
Wow, already received an Order packed email from Game.. I haven't used Game in quite some time, anyone know how quickly they dispatch from there? They said it was a pre-order.

Associate
Isn’t it cheaper to buy the Xbox outright with 2 x £40 Xbox gold and change that to game pass ultimate for extra £1 than doing 24 months x £29. Or am I missing something?

Soldato
instant on kind of came when its no longer needed, it was something that would have real value in the last gen when loading times were really bad.

The Xbox One had instant on from first release. Instant resume was only for the last game played however, and only when instant on was enabled. Or are you talking about something else :confused:

I've always had instant on, on for the instant resume. But it sounds like for the Series X/S I won't need to do that anymore. I'd rather have it in eco mode if I can still have instant resume?

Caporegime
Wow, already received an Order packed email from Game.. I haven't used Game in quite some time, anyone know how quickly they dispatch from there? They said it was a pre-order.
When I managed to snag one back in November, it was a few days after receiving the email saying my order has been packed. I got the email on Thursday then on Monday I got the shipping email and by tues I had the series x in my hands.

Caporegime
Isn’t it cheaper to buy the Xbox outright with 2 x £40 Xbox gold and change that to game pass ultimate for extra £1 than doing 24 months x £29. Or am I missing something?
That’s how I ended up getting mine, was originally going to do it via the monthly option but my missus ended up buying it outright as she managed to nab one for me. I’ve done the 3 yrs GPU as well and it works out cheaper in the long run, not by much though to be fair.

Associate
Is it not possible to install enhanced games (assassins creed valhalla) to the segate expansion card? Just bought the game and its asking me to free up space on internal storage, when I've got the official 1tb segate card with over 800gb free.

Soldato
Is it not possible to install enhanced games (assassins creed valhalla) to the segate expansion card? Just bought the game and its asking me to free up space on internal storage, when I've got the official 1tb segate card with over 800gb free.

Yes my Valhalla is on the expansion card. Try powering it fully off and then on again.

Soldato
Yes if you can afford to do it that way.

Monthly payments are easier for some to budget, thats why contract phones are a thing.

Still marginally cheaper sticking it on PayPal Credit (which Game offers) over two years. High interest rate at 19.9% APR, but a total cost of ~£647 vs £672. Plenty of scope for reducing the cost of credit there too via CCs etc.

Man of Honour

Change your default install location. It’s a pain that it isn’t treated as one unified storage pool.

Back
Top Bottom