• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Does anyone remember the good old days when if you wanted a PC upgrade you just ordered some parts?

I'm stuck on a 2070 at least which isn't terrible, but I'm running MSFS stretched over two 4k monitors and it just isn't up to the job!

Soldato
I've managed to miss every FE drop so far, so I've setup distill IO (website monitor) to track the nvidia rtx 3070 FE page. Has anyone tried this yet, and did it work for you?

One disadvantage of this is that it doesnt properly support android phones, so you need to run it from a windows device.

Only ever had distill catch up a few mins later when the Nvidia site link changes. Problem you have there is as someone mentioned. Above the caching element, also by the time the Nvidia link actually goes live, the direct link from alert sites / bots have already been available for a few mins and cards largely gone it seems. Not an issue with few larger drops where card lasted more then 5 mins but here where they go sub 5 mins your gonna be stuffed mostly.

Soldato
It’s also no good because you are fighting against caching done by your ISP and the device itself and the nvidia site to pile the retailer to check for stock. You are better better off setting up discord alerts because the bots are looking at the page on an API level. As soon as the API updates with the new URL, the alert goes out. For most people the nvidia site still says out of stock but actually you can buy it.

thanks for the info. i think most of us are bu****** if the stock doesn't even say available on the nv website before stock runs out. Does that apply for the rtx 3070 and rtx 3060 ti, or just the rtx 3080?

ive chatted to lots of ppl on discord and some have just been spamming F5 on the nv page during the day, apparently with some success.

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
It’s also no good because you are fighting against caching done by your ISP and the device itself and the nvidia site to pile the retailer to check for stock. You are better better off setting up discord alerts because the bots are looking at the page on an API level. As soon as the API updates with the new URL, the alert goes out. For most people the nvidia site still says out of stock but actually you can buy it.
Any info on how to do this? I guess 3080 FE aren't available?

A2B

A2B

Associate
retailer AIB stock update "This weekend our team will be concentrating on completing as many as possible of the RTX 3080 alternate card offer emails with customers which will reduce the pre-order numbers significantly over the next few days."

I still think they are getting this week's 3080 FE's. If you look at their AIB 3080 stock numbers, they only got in 30 on Jan 4, and nothing since. 'reduce the pre-order numbers significantly' sounds to me like more than 30 cards. note they don't list FEs publically.

EDIT: they could have held back some stock from the prior week where they had a bigger shipment.

Last edited:
Soldato
3070 arrived, it's a huge size difference from my 1080 Ti. Definitely a much better premium feel.

EDIT: Wow, that power pin placement is actually bugging me more than I thought... If it was longer as well I would be able to hide it better. At least I now have enough space to "mount the AIO correctly".
EKQ3QRG.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
wow even with PartAlert and instantly clicking on link and using Buy now I am slow ?? Is there a faster alert solution for new drops? Or am I missing a trick?

Soldato
I threaded mine from just above the power supply shroud and it goes straight up to the graphics card so doesn’t look TOO bad. Still annoying though.

rn2

rn2

Associate
There seems to be an on going theme with the founders edition cards and coil whine, I was looking at the 3080 as it is supposed to be cheaper and just putting my computer in a seperate room or over the other side of the room.

Soldato
OP
There seems to be an on going theme with the founders edition cards and coil whine, I was looking at the 3080 as it is supposed to be cheaper and just putting my computer in a seperate room or over the other side of the room.

I've been doing this for a couple of years. My PC was in the garage that adjoined to my office. No noise, no heat, no worries about cable connectors. I've just relocated my office upstairs and the heat was getting uncomfortable last night, so plans are now being hatched to get the PC into the attic above the new office.

Permabanned
wow even with PartAlert and instantly clicking on link and using Buy now I am slow ?? Is there a faster alert solution for new drops? Or am I missing a trick?

I have to wonder if a lot of these are false alerts, I have clicked a few instantly as well and they have all been out of stock. Using various alert platforms.

The AIB variations that were in stock were stupidly priced.

rn2

rn2

Associate
I have to wonder if a lot of these are false alerts, I have clicked a few instantly as well and they have all been out of stock. Using various alert platforms.

The AIB variations that were in stock were stupidly priced.

Some of the bots are returning false alerts :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom