Show us your Art

Soldato
Here's mine. I wouldn't say i was a collector. Just buy stuff i like. As opposed to a guy at work who seems to buy stuff he likes but with the aim of it being an investment.

Bob Dylan Train Tracks 2012
vhjuM4b.png

Govinder - Lovers
M7DU5MZ.png

Govinder - Rufus the House Cat
TlOs4ET.png

Those are probably the main ones to actually mention.

Caporegime
This is the other print. It’s hard to see but its a floating mount, the print is sort of suspended between the back and the glass, the edges of the print paper is not cut but looks tear. It’s a technique I’ve never seen before. Sorry for the old photo, was taken when I had the iPhone 4. I couldn’t be bothered to unwrap the bubble wrap at the moment.

It’s quite a dark theme photo, a model getting killed on the playground with the suspect’s hands seen in the manhole. I forgot the name of the photo, something like "Fashion Killer" or something. Which is very ironic considering what LJ went on to do in the fashion photographer industry. At the time she said this was her favourite in the collection that she was selling. I'd imagine if I hang it up in the hall way people would think i am some kind of psychopath :D

42" TV for size reference.

eV5wnSb.jpg

I also have this limited edition Lara Croft print from when the reboot came out a few years ago.

NWzdqny.jpg

7QSk2HE.jpg

The last one is one I shot a few years back that I got framed, with the other LJ print for size reference.

YdEBgF4.jpg

Soldato
It's crazy when you walk around around and notice more and more!

I'd forgotten my addiction to buying gig posters!

Here's a small selection, in our old house we had pretty much every wall covered in them, but when we moved we liked a bit more "white wall space" so limited them to this area near my turntable. A lot are now up in the loft.

rFurNop.png

Soldato
The OPs first pic makes me cringe, we actually have a big print of the original in our lounge. I do like Edward Hopper's stuff.

Soldato
I’ll get some pics later, but it’s a mixture of displate stuff, animals (our own photos) a Scottish artist called Gordon Bruce and in my office, custom older motherboards and PC kit, framed.

Soldato
I want it too, but I wouldn’t know where to go for a decent framed print

Knock your socks off, literally: https://shop.artic.edu/searchResults.aspx?searchFor=nighthawks#!/products?sort=1. And the print: https://shop.artic.edu/item.aspx?productId=889

Since it's on display at the Art Institute of Chicago they'll have all the rights which they're clearly making the most of! Don't know if they do international delivery but always worth supporting an actual gallery/museum/charity - particularly at the moment - rather than some random knock-off print house. You'll be able to get a frame from the UK; www.frames.co.uk are absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom