• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor 6900XT no box?

Associate
I just received a 6900XT from another shop, i got lucky seeing one in stock when I got home from work. Anyway it’s just in a anti static bag with no box or labels or anything. For a £1100 graphics card that seems a bit of a joke, or is it because it’s a reference design direct from AMD?

I would get a full refund though be aware bitcoins don't have consumer rights associated with paying in uk currency

Soldato
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB Graphics Card brown box

I’m sure the “brown box” part wasn’t there yesterday or the day before. But if it was I guess I’ll keep the card.

Well, at least it wasn't a PS5 box with cat food it it. :D

Get it installed and enjoy - beast of a card. Just ask for a discount as it was sold as non retail. Does it say 'brown box' on the invoice?

Soldato
Nope nothing about brown box on invoice. Strange.

Well I'd argue with them it's b-grade /used and not retail then. Ask for discount as you didn't receive what you paid for which was a retail version.

I see above someone got a different card than the red devil they ordered. AFew years ago from same etailer, I bought a 7990 non Ghz edition and they sent me a Ghz edition. So I won that time.

Associate
Without a box would usually indicate stock allocated to pre-built units. With CPUs, they arrive in trays ass opposed to individual boxes so that might be the reason for lack of package. It wouldn't indicate a lower quality card though but if it is pre-build allocation then I thought they weren't allowed to sell those retail?

Associate
doesn't surprise me from those guys, stoped using those noobs years ago, many on the list. they need to change the n to an m...
demand a refund, sounds like they are selling parts that should be used in a build which is likely oem?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom